Mountain Biking anyone?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Looks like a very warm weekend coming up - temps in the low 50's and sunshine in MA area. We are heading down to Lynn Woods to do a few hours of mountain biking. Anyone who isn't heading north is more than welcome to join us.

If you have never been to Lynn Woods here is some info on it. It's got some of the best mountain biking in the MA/NH area with something for everyone - a great mix of fire roads, double track, single track and some great rocky areas for the more advanced riders. At 2,200 acres it is the second largest municipal park in the United States.

Geri and I used to do a lot of mountain biking at Lynn Woods down in MA, but haven't been there in years. With the current forecast we are planning a return trip on Sat. Riding at 11 for 2 or 3 hours. Anybody that is interested in joining us let us know - we can take a couple/three people in our car as well - we will be leaving Merrimack, NH at 9:30.

bobandgeri said:
some great rocky areas for the more advanced riders.

Ha. You got that right! It should be called the Lynn Rocks, not the Lynn Woods. :D I rode there once the second year I had been riding. I went with some experienced riders and we didn't exactly stick to the easy trails. I think I went over the bars about 5 times that day. I'd kill to go back now. Have fun.

- darren

ps: I heard that some of the best trails got developed (houses) a couple years ago. Let me know what you find.

Sounds like you were on the North Eastern side - some great boulder hopping in that area. Will let you know how it is now, although we will try to stick to the moderate trails on the Southern side, unless we get lost accidently on purpose :>

Lawn Sale said:
I hate being on-call every other weekend... :(

What a weekend to be on call for :< Forecast as of this morning is for sunny skies and temps at 50 degrees where we are biking - and it's the middle of December!!!!

Hope we catch up soon!

Wow! it was 55 degrees when we got back to our car after 2 1/2 hours of riding! Est part - we didn't see any other bikers until the last 15 minutes!

We started out on the South side by taking the Comel path (rocky single track) over towards Dungeon Rock where I gave Geri, John, and Jack an example of how not to ride - the wheels are suppose to be on the ground - not about you - OUCH, then on to Lantern rock we we had a great view of Nahant and the Boston Skyline. After short section of fireroad, we hit a long section of single track up an over Mount Moriah - really nice riding.

Making our way to the North side we skirted aroung Walden Pond we picked our way through and over rocks and boulders tp our favorite section of trail - the Deep Woods Trail - almost 1 mile of rocky single track, leading to the last 1 1/2 of downhill rocky fireroad back to the cars.

Although we had not been there in 10 years it all came back - the trails, the best lines through the rocks, almost like we had been there last week.

Can't wait to go back - next Spring we need to have a VFTT mountain bike event there Darron!