Long Trail Guide

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the Trail Conference have a copy in their library? They are in Mahwah, NJ just across the border from Suffern on Route 202 (in fact, it's in between the Mason Jar and the Lafayette theater).

I don't have a copy or else I'd let you borrow mine.

There's always Campmor, if you can go there and do your research there...

Jay

I checked the trail conference library - came up empty. If this thread comes up empty, I will take you up on the Campmor or maybe Ramsey Outdoors suggestion. I didn't want to buy this edition when I believe a new edition which I will be using extensively over the next several years will be coming out towards the end of this year. I have a 1971 edition that I have been using, but it is terribly out of date.

Yes, a new edition is in the works

Around here in NH, you can sometimes see it at Borders & EMS in addition to the public library

Div 11 & 12 have hardly changed in the last 30 years, ask a specific question and somebody here will no doubt give you newer info than the even the present book

I have asked a question in regards to getting to the Parker Neighborhood approach trail. One response was copied out of the current LT Guide, which was somewhat helpful. I also heard about a new suspension bridge over the Lamoille River and wanted more accurate distances and times between the current campsites and shelters. I heard Corliss Camp replaced Parker, was the trail rerouted in this area, by how much? So I believe like in everything else there have been changes, maybe minor, but that is why there are new guidebooks every so often. So that is why I ask for a guidebook, and again I thank the VFTT community for helping answer many questions as I plan to continue to lead trips in the mountains of the northeast. My goal is always to know all facets of what to expect so I can lead a trip knowing what to expect and make educated decisions on how to schedule the hikes, where to stop, where to stay and have a group of satisfied and happy hikers.