Into the Wild

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is interesting Krakauer offers great insight and musings. I wonder how they will be handled.

After I heard that Robert Redford was playing Bill Bryson on WB, I wondered if Krakaur's ITW would ever be made into a movie. I definitely want to see it and will probably even go to a movie theatre for it.
I can't see Vince Vaughan as Wayne Westerberg, though. I would think someone more like Randy Quaid (BTW, I have never heard of these other actors except William hurt)

The book was really good. I am sure the movie will be a bit of a disappointment after reading the book. I recommend seeing the movie first for all those who haven't read the book yet. I am really going out on a limb for this one!

I am hoping that they do as good a job as they did on Touching the Void. I watched it again this past weekend and it was as incredible as the first time around.

I thought the book was great....a bit...well...when Krakuer relates to his experiences it lost me a bit.

Penn's directing style IMHO is great. I look forward to this movie.

I HOPE it relates both sides of the book. The people that thought he (Supertramp) was following a type of...how do I put this...."wanderlust" and the folks who thought he was "nuts".

Peace.

Im just worried that there are too many places he visits in the book. Wondering how they will fit that all in. Wonderful book though. -Mattl

A bit of the book takes place before he winds up "into the wild". I bet a part of the movie is spent outside his final resting spot. If I remember correctly, he spent a bunch of time living in some "commune" somewhere in utah/arizona area. And before he went to Alaska basically dumped all his money, belongings and car... It's been awhile since I've read it though..

Jay

Jay H said:
A bit of the book takes place before he winds up "into the wild". I bet a part of the movie is spent outside his final resting spot. If I remember correctly, he spent a bunch of time living in some "commune" somewhere in utah/arizona area. And before he went to Alaska basically dumped all his money, belongings and car... It's been awhile since I've read it though..

Jay

Sounds exactly right to me.....thats how I remember it...and all the people he met that were like " you're going where to do what?" and giving him things because he was so unprepared.

Man what a great book. Mostly I think Krakauer comes off as pompous, but the story held its own.

M