Finally the first real snowstorm for Northern NE!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattl

Reaction score
It has been a difficult winter to say the least. Today there was a few inches but tomorrow we have the first major storm of the winter for northern New England. The Whites should get 8-15 inches with some locally higher amounts. Maybe people could update during the storm to see how much falls, Id love to hear from places all over New England. There is going to be a major dividing line where it will be freezing rain and sleet in through central/southern NH, VT, and ME. Also this is the start of a major pattern change for us this winter, as wednesday will be brutally cold with highs 0 in some places and beyond will get as cold. I cant wait to hike tomorrow! -Mattl

Yesterday's snow was very pretty up here, but only amounted to a couple of inches. I've asked the weather gods for a bit more today, and I'm hoping they'll comply. My slog up Moriah and then North Carter and down the Imp Face on Saturday was ridiculously unpleasant in the fog, rain, sleet and sloppy ice/snow conditions. Perhaps today, finally, winter is here in the Whites. :)

I'm planning a hike for this Fri & Sat. Hopefully it will be cold and snowy! It will be my first winter hike of the season. I'm finally getting back out there!

gaiagirl said:
My slog up Moriah and then North Carter and down the Imp Face on Saturday was ridiculously unpleasant in the fog, rain, sleet and sloppy ice/snow conditions.
And my planned slog the same day up the Avalon, A-Z, and Willey Range Trails was over in less than ½ hour when I plunged through the rotten ice at the first brook crossing, thoroughly soaking myself, and thoroughly p***ing me off.

I need real winter NOW.

Mainly rain right now in Nashua. Looks like the trees, power lines etc are freezing up though. Can't imagine the roads will be far behind. Was starting to ice up in the Manchester area at about 8 this morning. Probably all ice by now.

Light snow now, but it can't seem to make up its mind whether it wants to snow hard, snow light, sleet a little, or a little of everything. Probably 3 inches so far in Quechee (intersection of I-89, I-91, and Route 4).

It's nearly stopped snowing here just outside of Conway, at least for the moment. Looks like only a few inches so far, some sleet a bit earlier, and who knows what might be on the way. I put a bit more snow on my wish list --- hope the weather gods oblige. :)

The storm was a big dud in Northern VT. 2-3 inches in Burlington, 4-5 inches up on top of Smuggler's Notch. Then a good coating of ice, blechh. At least the downhill skiing was pretty decent today.

In Lebanon, NH it was all sleet and freezing rain today..There ended up being more warm air then most thought. Dixville Notch has had 8 inches of snow so far, the highest I could find. The future of winter looks very good though. We may have record lows next week. -Mattl