Q: Parking near Crawford Notch Depot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogberry

Reaction score
I was thinking of hiking up Pierce/Eisenhower on Sunday using the Crawford Path from the notch. Last time I was there I just parked at the Depot right off Rte. 302, but I read somewhere that hikers are supposed to use a lot on Mt. Clinton Rd. Since that's closed in the winter (at least according to my map), I'm wondering where you're supposed to park.

Haven't actually been there this winter, but the parking lot on Mt Clinton Rd is always plowed for hikers. The trailhead is at this lot, and there's also an outhouse.

Happy Trails :)

No problem, Mt. Clinton Road is closed but not the parking lot. It's gated just past the entrance to the lot. Use the Crawford Connector which starts at the end of the lot near the kiosk and that will take you directly to the Crawford Path. Have a great hike !

Dave

There are "No Parking" signs at the Depot in summer but they were removed this year after the info center closed. Some people also park in the lot for the Highland Center which is closer to the trailhead, AMC probably doesn't approve but it wasn't posted.

The lot on Mt Clinton Road requires a parking sticker and the trail is .2 miles longer and not the historic route.