Noanet Woodlands in Dover, MA - elevation and mileage?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunchberry

Reaction score
Can anyone who is familiar with Noanet Woodlands in Dover, MA tell me more about hiking in this property (owned by the Trustees of Reservations)? I am looking specifically for the elevation of its highest point (and elevation gain would be helpful too), which I think is a hill that has a view to Boston.

I am also wondering if there is a standard 4-5 mile loop hike within this area? I'll be taking a group there at some point and this information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

-katie

There are only a couple hundred feet of relief but you can go up & down several times

The only way to hike 4 miles will be to make several loops on parallel trails

I believe that Noanet Peak ~387' is the highest although there are higher hills just outside to the E

http://www.thetrustees.org/documents.cfm?documentID=62

Thanks RoySwkr and Mohamed!

Mohamed, that site you found recommends a hike that looks perfect for my group. I plan to scout tomorrow morning. Thanks again!

If anyone else has hiked in Noanet before, I'd love to hear your favorite route.

-katie

Noanet

I suggest you park at Caryl Park off Dedham Street in Dover. The park abuts the Noanet woodlands, and I bet you would find about 5 miles of round tripping pretty easily if you are headed to the top of Noanet "Peak" and then stretch it our farther to the south. There is a very pretty view up there, considering you are pretty close to Boston. The trails are logical and well marked.

Trustees of Reservations has a map library, and this area is included. Check the library here.

One note: If you are bringing dogs you cannot use the Caryl Park entrance. Dover is (last I heard) pretty strict about this, even though you are just crossing about 100 yards to actually get into the woodlands. If you have dogs, you can park off Powisset Street, also in Dover.

Final option: Enter through Hale Reservation in Westwood. You can get trail maps at the entrance. A little more route finding is required, and the distance will get a little longer. There are plenty of parking spots in Hale. Check on their dog rules too, though. A lot of non-scoopers have caused some backlash there.

Have fun.

Hi Katie,

I grew up in Dover and know every trail and can show you ones with the most up in downs. Steve and I have done 3 peaks in a day and very easy to repeat two of them to make it a five peak day. There are many great little trails that are not marked (yellow, blue, or red), that I find to be the most fun! Call me.

Happy Trails,
Heather
;)