Some serious elevation gain!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stair Climb events are great fun! Stairs are extremely steep; much more sustained than most trails; think "Trap Dike" for comparison. If you are actually competing to do your best time, the event is totally anaerobic after about the first minute.

The Stair Climb in Albany is coming up on Thursday evening, 3/22/07. The Corning Tower is 42 floors, so it's about half the size of the Empire State Building climb. Contact the Cystic Fibriosis Foundation at 518-783-7361 if you want more info. or to participate.

For those who like to compete, the course record at the Corning Tower is 4:50. My PR (from 2005) is 5:47.

TCD

I had read an article about this Empire State Bldg climb and I came away with the mistaken impression that participants went up one at a time with some time interval between them. I didn't realize it was a free for all at the starting line. Interesting! Sharp elbows and strong thighs required.

JohnL

a cement high peak? i would think that would be a good workout! i do not see any way to bushwack it though...

very interesting story.

num num num said:
a cement high peak? i would think that would be a good workout! i do not see any way to bushwack it though...

very interesting story.
There are a few people who go off trail on buildings and climb up the outside! :eek: :D

I had been looking forward to the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Fund's Boston stairclimb up the John Hancock.

The building (and a few others) were recently sold and the event has moved to a cancelled status.

http://www.goverticalboston.org/

Everytime I finish a hike and see the Boston skyline on the drive home, I calculate how many of those I climbed that day and grin.