Success Pond Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Success Pond Road (Berlin,NH) is drivable to the Mt Success T/H or who to call to inquire. Thanks.

plowed but locked

The last time I was ther in the winter, it was plowed but locked at night. The logging trucks were using it daily. Call the paper co. in Berlin- I'm not sure of the name or number...SherpaK or Peakbagger must know it !

Bathtub BoB

Last edited:
I dont know the current status of the road, but I do know that calling Fraser Papers (the mill owner in Berlin) wont help as they dont own the land anymore. If your looking for a vacation retreat Landvest has most of the town of Success for sale (9000 acres). Mead has recently sold their land interests on the other end to an "undisclosed" buyer who is having Wagner woodlands manage it. You could try Wagner Woodlands in Gorham at 603-466-5137 but they may be in the process of moving to Shelburne with the additional land under management

i was told by a friend that the success road is plowed. but in areas you probably should have a 4x4. the logging trucks are running the road. not sure how far in it is plowed. it was plowed for at least 2+ miles as of dec. i was going up there with hopes of parking on the notch road. if i could not get there i was going somewhere??? got snowed in and then plowed in one year on that road and it took quite awhile to scratch and claw my way out. the plow driver must have had one hell of a grin on his face when he drove off !!!!!!!!!! make sure you bring a good size shovel with you, the little backpacking shovel takes a hell of a long time to move a VAST amount of snow.