Winter 48 finish on North Kinsman?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albee

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

If anyone wants to meet me on top of North Kinsman at 2:00 on Monday, or at Lonesome Lake hut at 3:00, I'll be celebrating the completion of my winter 48. Any and all are welcome - I haven't met too many of you yet, but hiking is all about meeting friendly faces and celebrating each other's accomplishments. Feel free to swing by and say hi! I'm sure the glissading down Fishin Jimmy will be superb!

...Albee

Good Luck!

Looks like the weather will be OK, bit breezy perhaps. You may be breaking trail...

Look forward to reading about your success!! ;)

Congratulations in advance!!!

Congratulations to you ! Sadly we'll be heading back south at that point, but have a great day.

I'd like to hear how you got Cannon and South K without North sometime ! ;)

Go for it, Albee! Can't make it on Monday, but I'll be doing North & South in a couple weeks, so pack the trail down well, OK? :D

Kinsman Monday

Hi,
I think I'd like to do this with you Monday if that's okay. 2:00 at the top, but when are you starting?
Early Bird

I'm planning to start at 8 AM from Kinsman Notch after spotting a car earlier in the AM. It is a 15 mile route over Blue Ridge, Mt Wolf, South and North Kinsman and down Fishin Jimmy to Lonesome Lake Hut. We'll be huffing and puffing along breaking trail, but don't feel obligated to take the same route as I do... climbing up Fishin Jimmy is a shorter alternative if anyone prefers that. Hope to see you up on the ridge or at the trailhead at 8!

Better allow a boat load of margin time, that route took me over 9 hours on dry ground in November. That trail over Wolf is the most deceptive piece of real estate in the Whites IMHO, and the trip up S. Kinsman is very steep. The snow that Wolf gets can be very challenging, kicked my butt on two winter attempts.
Best of luck and congrats.
Damon

D'oh I am working that day!

It seem that lots of exciting things are happening Monday

Good luck on your hike Al, don't let that sonic boom you make as you zip along the trails cause any avalanches

albee said:
I'm planning to start at 8 AM from Kinsman Notch after spotting a car earlier in the AM. It is a 15 mile route over Blue Ridge, Mt Wolf, South and North Kinsman and down Fishin Jimmy to Lonesome Lake Hut. We'll be huffing and puffing along breaking trail, but don't feel obligated to take the same route as I do... climbing up Fishin Jimmy is a shorter alternative if anyone prefers that. Hope to see you up on the ridge or at the trailhead at 8!

Good luck Albee. If you are lucky the snow will not to hard to break.
Yesterday the snow was very hard to break on Hale-Zealand and today
it was easier on the Moosilauke.