Another cold weekend...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truepatriot09

Reaction score
Melrose, MA; Avatar: Prepping for my first 12 hour
Higher Summits forecast from the Mt. Washington Observatory's website is highs of -20 and winds from 60-85 mph. Bundle up if you're headed out.

I feel fortunate that this past Monday we had a trailhead temp of 5 above. I think I'll work on the house this weekend....

I really had every intention of getting out and camping but I broke a tooth and this COLD air is murder.

To the dentist today and maybe a hike this week during the week as my schedule has me off duty all week.

My boy is skiing on Bromley all weekend, warned him well.

I had a solo trip planned for this weekend. I was going into the "mahousic's". Going into carlo col and coming out the notch trail. had to park at the notch trail head and walk the road back to the carlo trail head. with the forecast my wife talked me into going next weekend instead. I work outside and it really didn't take too much persausion.

nh-trekker said:
"had to park at the notch trail head and walk the road back to the carlo trail head"

nh-trekker, is Success Pond Road plowed all the way to the Notch Trail T/H?

Count me as another hiker scared off from overnight plans by the cold weather... third weekend in a row that I've ended up scrapping plans because I'm not comfortable staying out all night in weather this cold, even in a hut.

Hopefully, I will be heading out for a day hike tomorrow though... I've been spending too much time indoors. :)

- Ivy

I'm definitely staying in in this cold weather. I console myself with a countdown - it's 55 days, 12 hours, and 33 minutes until Spring! -- I think I've been spending too much time indoors:)

Just back from hiking Tecumseh, not really as bad as the thermometer suggests. It was my companion's first winter 4K, I asked him a couple of days ago if he felt up to it (given the forecast) and he was game.

Sunny skies, trail sheltered from the wind almost the whole way, we both enjoyed it very much!

With only 55 days of winter left (mommabear's computation) we cannot afford to waste too many :)

Alpine, here's a photo taken from the Lake Champlain Ferry last week on my way home from the ADK Gathering. It sure was an odd feeling to see (and hear) the ferry crunch its way through the ice!

I went for a short ski after lunch today around our field and man, that wind was cold!

poison ivy said:
Count me as another hiker scared off from overnight plans by the cold weather... third weekend in a row that I've ended up scrapping plans because I'm not comfortable staying out all night in weather this cold, even in a hut.

Hopefully, I will be heading out for a day hike tomorrow though... I've been spending too much time indoors. :)

- Ivy

I have all week off and plan to day hike somewhere and be home by supper in Dedham. I actually thought about heading up to a small trip to Sunapee. My cousin just opened a breakfast nook near by