Zealand Bond Traverse

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudwalker

Reaction score
Greetings!

Looking to do a Zealand Bond traverse in early to mid-March. I’m very flexible with dates but would like to start early, around 6 am. I hike at a moderate to moderately fast pace and would appreciate some company on this long day hike.

If you’re interested in joining me please respond directly to this thread or by PM.

Will you be doing a out and back from Zealand or a full traverse out Lincoln Woods? If it is a weekend that my wife isn't coming up to ski, and it is a Saturday, I might join you.

If the weather looks nasty on the 3rd or 4th, I'll be game. I may have another 1-day traverse going on that weekend, but if it's really bad I'll probably head that way where it's in the woods. If not, I have the 16th, 17th, 18th of March off and would definitely be game. I have to work the rest of the time, so those are the only dates that work for me.

Right now I'm thinking about Saturday, March 10th. I'm flexible with this date and would be willing to change it if another date fits people's schedule better. This would be a full traverse ending at Lincoln Woods.

Cannot do the 10th, have family visiting. I will keep an eye out if your date changes.

If we complete our "low" Pemi ski-through this Saturday, I would be very interested in the "high" Pemi traverse over Zealand and the Bonds on Saturday the 3rd or the 10th. Would love to add Hale to the mix, but that might be pushing things a bit too much for me.

Well, our Pemi ski-through was postponed again this past weekend; what to do, what to do. Will probably go for the low Pemi ski-through on Saturday the 10th, but still not certain.

What is the final plan? :confused:

Weather permitted, I may join. :)

did the traverse on summer. Really want to see Zealand Valley in winter. :D

Zealand - Bond Traverse

I'm in the process of recovering from Walking Pneumonia and probably won’t feel up to doing a 23 mile hike this Saturday as planned. I should be in good health by 3/17 if anyone is interested.

Gary

I would prefer 3/24 but whatever everyone decides is fine with me, as long as it's a Saturday.

Cloudwalker said:
I'm in the process of recovering from Walking Pneumonia and probably won’t feel up to doing a 23 mile hike this Saturday as planned. I should be in good health by 3/17 if anyone is interested.

Gary

I am game for the 17th. I need most of them for the Winter list and could actually like to bag Hale if possible as well.

We will attempt our 23rd annual Pemi ski-through on Saturday the 10th, but I would be interested in a Twins-Bonds traverse on Tuesday or Wednesday the 13th or 14th, if anyone is interested (we could spot a car at Lincoln Woods, and I could be dropped off at Seven Dwarfs, then we could rendevous on Guyot for anyone preferring the Hale/Zealand approach).

if Sunday the 18th

I'd like to join up with some people on that traverse. I'll be off the whole week. My two reservations are that I'm not a "moderately fast" hiker, and I can't do it on Saturday. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if the date changes. Three. There are three reservations. Speed, day, and Winter. It has to be completed while it's still winter.