Moosilauke on March 17th, anyone?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post St. P's Day Hike

Well, I guess I won't bring the celebratory green beer, but I will still be there. :D

I guess I'm in! Why not? Eb, someone's gotta bring the beer, and that's me. True irish tend to stretch the holiday out a tad.
MadTownie, you're a Maine man. How do you feel about Allagash's 4? I almost picked up a minikeg (a la michael in bsp) of gritty's at rsvp today. that's a little much though.
-pamola (enjoying the holiday. thoroughly. early)

Alas, I am burried. It'll take a good 2 hours to move enough snow and ice to get my car out. I am truly bummed! I have a feeling I'm going to miss a great day in the woods.

To those few hearty souls who are ablle to go: Please post a trip report! Have a great day...

Wow! This sounds like an awesome hike developing here!! I love the Moose and have not done it in winter so this would have been a great opportunity but as luck would have it, I can't...still recovering from a sprained ankle. :(

Here's wishing you all a great hike!! :)

Last edited:
Argh

I replied with a bit too much pre-patty's gusto last night. Despite my burning desire to meet you all and be a beer missionary, my trip from maine back to vt is being held up and I won't make it tomorrow.
Have fun y'all and preemptive congrats, Mad Townie.

Hat!

Well, Ah'ma throwin' ma hat in tha ring. Shoot, count me IN! ;)

I did this six weeks ago, but this is one of those times where the journey is more important than the destination. What better way to ring out the end of winter (for me anyway) than to hit the trail with such a swell group o' folks??

Lookin' foward to seeing a bunch of old friends and meeting some new one's too.

Pamola, I'll pick up your hoppy torch and will gladly present Townie with a bottle of NH's finest! :cool:

Well, count me in for this adventure. Looking forward to meeting a lot of people and seeing Double Bow again, too. :D :D

Mad Townie, unless there are others going who haven't posted, I think you and I will be the old timers in this group! :cool:

There may be another member joining me as well. Stay tuned.

Reards,
Marty

Hey Mad Townie!

Count me in too, I'll be coming up with Marty. Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow, I'm very excited.

Ridgewalker

Well, I was in the Internet Dead Zone from about 3 p.m. on Friday until too late (and too tired) to post last night, after my 3 hour drive home.

It was great! 11 intrepid VFTTers braved +/- 55 mph sideways winds to get to the summit.

Oops, gotta hit the road. More in a TR later.

Thanks to everyone who hiked with me yesterday and to all those who wanted to but couldn't make it!

Firstly, congrats Peter on your 48. Those winds on the top really were the final test of endurance. I was in awe of the winter splendor we had yesterday and had great delight in capturing it.

A big thanks to Early Bird for lending me your fleece liners, they really warmed me up :) Marty it was a delight to ride up with you and seeing that killer sunset on the road really topped the day off. Mtnpa, it was great chatting with you on those decieving turns on Glencliff, thanks also for bearing with me on those photo opps. Brewster, thank you for advice regarding Norwich it will be put to use no problem. Abster good luck on your trip to Mt. Blanc! I hope we'll hike again soon. Drewski, you're an animal when you hike. Marc, I am wowed with your ambitions I hope to join you again on another hike. Double Bow, I envy your stamina maybe I'll catch up soon.

I was wondering if any of you have uploaded pictures from yesterday. If so, I'd like to put our pics together and make a slide show and put it up on You Tube. Thanks.

Here are my pics: http://community.webshots.com/album/558248111RDtpQD?vhost=community

wow! what a hike!

Those winds at the top were amazing. The sight of nearly a dozen hikers struggling for the last few yards to the summit was amusing. Trying to get around the rocks while the wind tried to grab you by the snowshoes and hurl you into each other was something to see. When the gusts picked up and everyone struggled just to stay upright it reminded me of scenes from The Matrix - everyone in action poses buy nobody actually moving :D

It was great to see so many people again and meet some cool new ones as well.

Again I say, Wow! What a hike!

marchowes said:
I'll keep my mouth shut about everything else until the TR comes out :)

Well stated Marc. I am itching to post, but will wait until our leader does the TR. I agree with everything Rock n Rolls posted. It was indeed like the Matrix and it was a wow hike :D :D

P.S. Nice photos, Ridgewalker. I didn't even know you were taking photos!

Last edited: