Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stylin' on Moosilauke 3.18.07

Ashuelot, NH (anyone know where that is?) Avatar: Hiking brings people closer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewster
    Congrats again MT. A memorable ending to your quest for the NH 48s. Enjoyed reading the trip report and great pictures as well. Had a grand time hiking with the group and can now put a face to many of the names seen on the VFTT posts. One hopes we will hike together again. All the best!
    Congrats on your first post! Mind you don't become one of those cronic posters though with hundreds of posts to your credit and yet little actually said... oh... wait...

I'm so glad that everyone had such a great time too. I guess you had to be there to really get a feel for all the positive energy that was flowing, but I think everyone's posts can sort of give you an idea of what a great experience it was for all of us.

Sorry Marty, I know you wanted to have the last word. I'll make it up to you by NOT posting on your 15min of fame thread!
    "I like to collect experiences the way other people like to collect coins and stamps." Michael McGuire

"13.1 is my lucky number." -- Me

65/67 Winter NE4Ks [Been there, ROCKED IT!!]

Congrats, Mad T!
    Fly too high, my son, and the heat will melt your wings. ~~
    Daedalus

Quote Originally Posted by marty
    Thanks for opening up that wound, Mtnpa. And I was just telling Sapblatt what a great guy you were...

Yeah, I got my snowshoes crossed and fell backwards into Ridgewalker. We then both took the Nestea plunge into the snow. Marc saw we were having fun and did his own mock wipeout!

Sorry again about that, Ridgewalker!

By the way, my hiker high is now three days old. Hope it never ends!

Regards,
    Marty

No problem sir (you've reinsituted me to call people sir, and its a good thing). Peter, I'm glad to have joined you on your climb, and also feel free to make the loner climber a desktop background. The hike is a pricless memory captured in time with the photos. For some reason You Tube has not be nice to me and I can't load the video properly

Abster, sometimes a photo have a soothing effect, I say it's a beautiful thing!

Ridgewalker
    Last edited by Ridgewalker; 03-21-2007 at 09:38 PM.

Whoo Hoo!!! Congrats to you Peter Sounds like you all had a very challenging day Like the pics and the TR.
    kmac
    Genuine listening means suspending memory, desire, and judgement-and for a moment at least, existing for the other person. ~Michael Nichols

Glen Cliff Trail

Quote Originally Posted by drewski
    nice hike..way to go mad townie..how about the glencliff trail..the best in the whites by far---thanks steven martin for all your work..
    "Me too, me too!" I have shared maintenance of the GCT with Steve for the past few years (8#?). I do more of the brushing, Steve more of the water bars and blow downs. Speaking of which, is there anything that needs our attention at the moment (i.e., blow downs)? I like to go up around this time of year to get a better reach from the snowpack for brushing. With the southern exposure, this trail veges in really fast.

Good choice for a final NH4 summit (and trail); congrats, MT! I made the same choice for my final NH4 in November 1968, a mere 38+ years ago.

Dr. D.

Glencliff is a BEAUTIFUL trail! No blowdowns that I remember, oh wait, one fat one, about 6-8 inches, easy to get around or over (walker's choice). Don't know how high it will be off the ground when the snow's gone.

You two have done a tremendous job on that trail--thank you for helping to make my 48th that much more pleasurable.
    Mad Townie

Take long walks in stormy weather or through deep snows in the fields and woods, if you would keep your spirits up. Deal with brute nature. Be cold and hungry and weary. - H. D. Thoreau

Easy trails, nice days and comfort are good, too. - M. Townie

Cool MT! Way to go!
    donna

Quote Originally Posted by marty

By the way, my hiker high is now three days old. Hope it never ends!
    If you can drag it out two one more day, it will be the weekend and you can do it again! That's how I always try to work it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Townie
    Ridgewalker, the more I look at your pix, the more "the lone climber" affects me. It's a really beautiful shot!
    Also, I'm glad everyone kept talking about the "Lone Hiker" picture. The first time I viewed the picture- in slideshow mode- I couldn't for the life of me find the lone hiker. I figured he blended in with the white expanse. Today I went back to try again. Again I couldn't see anyone, so I took it off slideshow mode and clicked on the pic to see it blown up, there he is! Cropped off to the right. It is a cool one. I had had "leaving the peak" as my background, but swapped it out for "Gorgeous Walking". Lots of good ones.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.

Phillipston, MA - Avatar: bushwacking off the top of Arrow Slide

Those are great, RnR. It's good to relive it one more time.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Early Bird
    Those are great, RnR. It's good to relive it one more time.
    Well stated! Thanks RnR. Some things are worth waiting for

Marty
    So when you reach the bottom line
    The only thing to do is climb
    Pick yourself up off the floor
    Anything ya want is yours

Song: Bottom Line
    Artist: Big Audio Dynamite
    Album: This is Big Audio Dynamite
    Year: 1985

Bumped into Marty today, and his reminiscing about this hike made me look it up. Unbelievable memory, Marty! Great to see you and LarryD. So glad you and I are still out there.

Hey Early Bird,

Great seeing you and your family today. So glad you remembered me. I just went back and read this entire TR. What an awesome hike with such a great group. Hope our paths cross again soon and often.

Marty
    So when you reach the bottom line
    The only thing to do is climb
    Pick yourself up off the floor
    Anything ya want is yours

Song: Bottom Line
    Artist: Big Audio Dynamite
    Album: This is Big Audio Dynamite
    Year: 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Early Bird View Post
    Bumped into Marty today, and his reminiscing about this hike made me look it up. Unbelievable memory, Marty! Great to see you and LarryD. So glad you and I are still out there.

Nice meeting you EB. Hope you had a great hike.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
    Nice meeting you EB. Hope you had a great hike.
    I did! There is nothing not to love. It was my nieces' first time above treeline. One was so sore she skipped school the next day, but loved it. Nice meeting you too.