Homer Stone Trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
una_dogger said:
Access to Little Rock Pond, Long Trail/AT between Danby and Wallingford, VT.
Anyone ever hiked it??
Yes, I twice used it to access the LT. It’s mostly two woods roads, separated by a ford about half way up. It comes out of the woods at the north end of Little Rock Pond. Fording Homer Stone Brook was easy and safer than any of the nearby rock hops I scouted.

Parking (2-3 cars) is south of the old schoolhouse mentioned in the GMC Guide. The trail heads straight up from there. The trail through the open woods at the bottom might be a little difficult to follow when coming down from the LT but if you start there you’ll have no trouble finding your way back.

The parking area is visible from a couple of houses on a street likely used by only the residents. I had no issues when I left my car there on two-day and four-day trips.

Thanks, John. Its a few miles from my house and looks like a great place for short after work hikes.

Good to know you had no issues leaving your car there, I hear alot of negative reports of breakins/vandalism in the lots around here.

There's something really neat about being able to bike from home to a trailhead, do a hike, then bike home, and not be Pete Hickey...
:)