Webshots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYBRAD

Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit off topic but,

Has anyone else had computer problems after downloading the free version of webshots?
I’ve had problems the last day or so after downloading the software.

I need some web space to log my outings! Anyone try the full version of Webshots, or have something they could recommend?

I've been using the free version of Webshots for over a year now with no problems. But I'm also using a firewall that prevents unwanted cookies, popups, etc...Free sites are notorious for downloading and putting all kinds of crap on your PC. Not that Webshots does this, I'm just extra careful.

You might want to download one of the many freeware programs that checks for spyware on your PC.

BTW, what operating system are you using ? With Windows XP, you can create savepoints that will allow you to go back to a point in time on your PC before you installed the (suspect) software.

Glenn

Ghassert,
I'm running 98 with a XP upgrade.
I was also running Zone Alarm free verion.
And Pop Up stopper free version.
IE was giving me an illegal error.
Today I had to reinstall windows and and IE.
All this happened after Webshots download 2 days ago.

OUCH !!

I'm running Zone Alarm myself.

I don't know what could have happened. That really sucks. The only thing I could say is to try and create a save point in XP before installing anything.

Sorry, but that must reallt bite, having to reinstall Windows. I just hope you didn't lose any data.

As I said earlier, I've had no problems with Web Shots.

Maybe the more computer savy folks on this board can offer better info...

Glenn

What version of IE are you running?
If you have an XP upgrade on 98 make sure you update all.
Check the cookies settings as well if you have popup stopper.
Try clearing all temp internet files as well .

I bet you already have, but here is the help page for Webshots
I think if you recheck the little things, thats where the issue will be.
My .02 worth.Webshots Help

Last edited:
About 2 years ago or so when I was still struggling in the world of PC, I had a complete crash after using webshots for about 3 mos. I only used the feature that rotated your desktop photo and I occassionally downloaded photos. I thought it suspicious at the time, but didn't pay anymore attention to it. When I got myself up and running again, I didn't go back to it.
Now I use a Mac (yea!) and rotate my desktop pictures using a feature built into the operating system.
ecc