4-21: A.T.: Jug End, MA south to Salisbury or Undermountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
I'm trying to put this together probably as a day hike (possible overnight) with another car spotted at Undermountain Trail Parking or in Salisbury. Let me know if you're interested and if you'd prefer the day hike or overnight. I may have my older son with me and this will be the first leg of "Early Bird"s CT A.T. hike.

I can't join you but if you get a car spot, I'd do it as a day-hike. Last October I did much of the same trip. AT from Route 41, up Jug End to Race & then Race Brook. I would have done more but I was solo, spotted my car at Race Brook & rode my bike to the start. I didn't want to ride any longer so that's why I choose Race Brook. Had plenty of time

In a perfect world you'd have three cars. One for Undermountain & one for Salisbury below Lion's Head. Lion's Head would be the goal but if a car is at Undermountain & everyone is beat after Sage's Ravine, you can bail on Paradise Lane with very little elevation gain from the jct with the AT back to Undermountain. If only choice is below Lion's Head you've got a decent climb up to Bear & then it's still several miles over Lion's Head & down.

Hi Mike,
I think it's possible you could get a car spotted to where you want to end if you day hike it. I'll send you a PM.
Early Bird

I would love to join you. I have painting and yardwork written on my schedule. It is not in my handwritting and I can't erase it.

Be creative. I had painting and furniture rearrangement on my schedule last Sat. in another's writing, but was able to cut and paste it onto Sunday. ;)