Mother of all nor'easters coming?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some roads down by the Exeter River are closed. Last year my place was wrecked, and I was forced to move across town, hopefully no one has that extent of damage this time around.

Souhegab River flooding

The Souhegan River in Amherst, NH is higher than I have ever seen it! It was 3 feet over the road beside Severns Bridge and moving really fast. There was a nice surf wave caused by the road shoulder on Amherst Road. It was really tempting to take the kayak out of the truck and do some surfing, but the wise voice from that little guy on my shoulder helped to refrain my enthusiasm.

Exeter River

jmegillon149 said:
some roads down by the Exeter River are closed. Last year my place was wrecked, and I was forced to move across town, hopefully no one has that extent of damage this time around.

Yes I know some people were looking to kayak the river in the Brentwood area, but I shy away from running the flood waters. I'm not that experinced and I think a lot of the river is running through the trees and what not.
I'lll wait till it quiets down some.

spider solo said:
Yes I know some people were looking to kayak the river in the Brentwood area, but I shy away from running the flood waters. I'm not that experinced and I think a lot of the river is running through the trees and what not.
I'lll wait till it quiets down some.
A wise move--flooded rivers are very dangerous. Much higher than normal currents and flow through the trees can be a bit much or worse yet are likely to pin a boater in a bad spot.

Doug

Still raining! Conway area saw almost exclusively rain all yesterday. Rivers are swollen and more is to come.

Just got down from my adventure on Mount Washington during the last few days. It's been absolutely nuts up there, but improvement began around noon today. I'm sore, beat up, and ever amazed at the power of mother nature!

The summit is now nearing 2 feet of snow, and I measured (ski pole) around 40+ inches of new cememt just below treeline on the way down. Deep blue color in the drifts, indicating high water eq. Absolutely insane storm, and I worry about the Tuckerman races this weekend. The snow is dense, corniced and unstable on the upper slopes.

Deep snow was found all the way down the the base of the auto road, but by the time I got to Dana Place, it was all but gone. Elevation dependant for sure!

I wouldn't be caught out without snowshoes this weekend in the whites.

Certainly feel for the flooded, all the best for all in their recoveries...

I've been following the stories from up there ... glad you got through it, and down, safely!