NOAA equivalent in Scotland?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikingfish

Reaction score
Montreal, Qc, Canada Avatar: Top of Gothics, Adk
Hi All,
The girlfriend and I are comtemplating heading over the big pond to do some hillwalking in the Scottish Highland. I was wondering if they have something equivalent to the national weather channels up there (I wanna to check with the freq. listed in my manual against those used (if any) by the Scotts)? And no, it's not the deciding factor whether we're going or not :p

Cheers!

Fish

If I were you....assume it will rain at least sometime during every day BUT this will make the periods of sunshine (and there will be some) that much more enjoyable. Also, don't forget - most trailheads are very close to a warm, dry pub.... :)

I go to ireland quite often - and this isn't scotland - but I think the climates are quite similar. I have found during summer months, it will probably rain daily - but these showers are not heavy nor do they last. a typical summer day will be partly/mostly cloudy, a 10 minute shower, the sun will come out, and then this repeats itself. They typically do not get the heavy 2 inch rain events that we get here.

when my relatives from ireland come over, they can't believe the heavy rain we get here.

Orsonab said:
If I were you....assume it will rain at least sometime during every day BUT this will make the periods of sunshine (and there will be some) that much more enjoyable. Also, don't forget - most trailheads are very close to a warm, dry pub.... :)
Time to open another Chapter of Views and Brews! And 'Rankin' is Scottish! :D