Conway, NH accomodations??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjo

Reaction score
As part of a Trip to Northern NH and then Maine coast, will be overnighting in the Conway area. My spouse will be with me so it won't be my usual "budget place to sleep/eat and leave early the next AM to hike". She likes country inns but any recos you guys would have would be helpful. Want to have a nicer place to "impress" her so I can sneak away later in the trip for some hiking. Thanks for your help...

I generally stay in the budget type of motels in the area, the back of my truck, or a tent. The first time I managed to talk my wife into coming up with me and doing a couple of short easy hikes we stayed at the Mount Washington Hotel. Not exactly in the Conway area, but we both enjoyed it. Certainly wasn't "roughing" it.

Stonehurst

See if you think she'll like this place:
Stonehurst Manor
I've gone here for drinks and dessert. It's elegant. I think I'd like it if I didn't have a condo down the road.

jjo,

I've stayed at the Golden Gables Inn, North Conway, and really liked it. Medium priced, very clean, pool, and great service. However, if you don't mind staying in Lincoln, a friend of mine owns a condo (Rivergreen) that he rents out. I can get you a special discounted rate. Send me a PM or email with your travel dates if you are interested.

One advantage of staying in a condo or timeshare is the fact that you can eat some of your meals right there as they have fully stocked kitchens. We like to eat breakfast in, and if hiking, we'll make our own sandwiches. Then a well-deserved dinner at a local restaurant that evening. Sometimes if we are going somewhere for a week or longer, my wife will make a pan of lasagna or ziti at home and we'll bring that for our dinner for the first 2 nights.

Rob

Eagle Mountain House in Jackson, very hard to dissapoint anyone there. Its rich in history and the hospitality is very nice.

We've stayed at The Wildflowers Inn twice. My wife and I needed a place to sleep. I suggested our tent... and so we stayed at The Wildflowers Inn. Denise (the owner) is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. The room, breakfast, views, and of course the owners are all fantastic.

You guys have really helped. Now we (she) have several good choices. Hard to find this type info on Travelocity or Expedia. I'll book it tonight or tommorrow. Thanks much. At least I'll be able to SEE the mts from these places but plan to hike at least one day...

Thanks...

Well, you gave many great choices, it was tough to decide. But I showed LOML the websites and she was the "tiebreaker". It was Stonehurst by a nose. Interesting they provide dinner as well as breakfast in the cost. Many thanks to all of you. Understand the rooms have a view of Moat mtn...Hmmm. Again, THANKS!!

Follow Up

We stayed @ Stonehurst Manor and very pleased...Great view of mountains, great food and it was elegant (It impressed my wife). Had limited time, but did manage to sneak in a climb of Black Cap. I'll file trip report separately. Thanks again. Great Place...

Next time...

... try the Nereledge Inn (sp?). The British lady that owns/runs it raises wolves and even has a big old male house pet wolf - way cool! :eek: