5th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Hiker Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peak_bgr

Reaction score
5th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Hiker Gathering
August 9-12th, 2007​

Thursday and Friday; people start showing up as usual, get tents set up. Shoot the $hit for a while, have a bonfire, drink some beer, either order in pizza and wings or go out to eat those two nights. Many people plan hikes for Friday. Try to get to bed by 1am.

Saturday; A lot of hiking going on, people getting back late, some earlier. We have an all out bash. Alot of beer and food. It’s a pot-luck as usual; I will be cooking a huge piece of meet again. So bring some beer to share and a dish to share as well. We always have more than enough food. There’s been live music for the last couple years; I hope we can continue that. I will bring in large tent, and have tables for the food. I will also bring in a couple porta-pottys. I made the fire pit a little bigger, so the fire should be rolling pretty well. Not quite as big as UFC’s. Hey Steve, are you bringing that load of wood again this year?

Sunday;
More hiking if that’s possible. There were a couple all nighters last year, but we still managed a short hike. Its pack up day, and start planning for next year.

So where is this?
My house as always. Off exit 32 of the Adirondack Northway I-87. Get off the exit go East on County Rte 12 for approx. 1 mile. There is a sharp left in the road; I am the Tan and Green Ranch on the left.

Parking
will be the same, what cars can fit along the driveway in the front and everyone else out around the back. Right in the middle of that sharp left is a dirt drive on the left. This will lead you behind my house. It’s a huge field with Christmas trees scattered about. Find a place to park. This isn’t my property but our neighbor lets me use it for this event every year.

Did I forget anything??

p.s.
this is something we enjoy doing every year for the hiking community. Please come and join us, all are welcome.

A minor FYI, there appeared to be poison ivy at the edge of the lawn and the adjoining neighbors property. It was worth the trip despite the itch!.

peakbagger said:
A minor FYI, there appeared to be poison ivy at the edge of the lawn and the adjoining neighbors property. It was worth the trip despite the itch!.
Mr. and Mrs. Rankin will be there! :D

Count me in... I have to balance out Spongebob if that delinquent shows up again this year.

Heck, if I get my *ss in gear, maybe I'll finish my 1st round then... :)

Jay

Not sure. I'll be just coming back from vacation in Maine, and we all know how much fun that first week is. I also need to retrieve all the PA and music gear from Bearly Live and had planned to go back up that weekend to do it. I'm putting this on the calendar just in case.

Hey Sherpa, if you come, bring your kayak, we'll have a splinter ADK BBW and Hiker/Paddler mini event!

Jay

Not going to make it to the best party of all this year I'm afraid. The missus and I shall be in Northwest Ontario.

Last edited:
bubba said:
Let's get in some more ADK100's less bees more peaks!!

I believe I got more bees than you, so don't count me in this year :p

Seriously, I am on duty that weekend (as a mother, not a policeman), so no party for me. Have fun at the ranch !!!

Last edited:
Gonna try really hard to make this one. I thought I had a wedding to attend on this date, but I dont... so right now, I have it on the schedule! :)

Ugh... Back in November I became a ..... MANAGER. Ugh.

Since then, I spend a lot less time on the computer and lot more time on the phone. Oh, and I had a hernia operation, so that knocked me out of things for a while too. :) After 6 months, tho, I am finally starting to get a hang of this whole deal, so hopefully you will see more of me. Then again... gotta go!