Grafton SP (Taconics of NY)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mink319

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had been to Grafton SP in Rensselaer County. I have been to Cherry Plain SP and Cherry Plain WMA which is a little to the south of Grafton, and it was great for Mtn Biking, XC Skiing, hiking, hunting, and wildlife viewing. I always like going to unheard of places that are not visited often, so if you have any info on Grafton please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Grafton is a nice destination during all seasons. There are miles of well marked mountain bike trails which double as ski and snowshoe trails, excellent opportunities for ice fishing, hunting, picnicing, swimming, and boating. Definately worth checking out.

Grafton

A few notes on Grafton - its very popular during the warmer months, and fairly popular during winter with snowshoe, XC, and ice fishing. Snowmobiling is also rather popular here as well.

I did 6K snowshoe a few weeks ago around Shaver Pond and the lake itself - very nice.

But - not sure where you are coming from, the last few days of warming and the next 3 including rain will likely destroy what was a well packed snowshoe and XC run.

Good luck. Email me if you need more. I grew up in that general area.