Madison and Adamses via Howker Ridge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksnrolls

Reaction score
Phillipston, MA - Avatar: bushwacking off the top
Looking to hit 7 new peaks on 7/7/07:

Head up Howker Ridge to Madison, bagging the 4 Howks along the way (T-3000 and LPNP peaks). Down to the hut for refueling, swing by Star lake to Adams and from there hit 3 of the 4 Adams subpeaks, probably Sam, JQ and 4. If I can get somewone to go with me and set up a car spot, I'm thinking of descending via Lowes Path or some combination of trails ending at Lowes store. If solo or my hiking partners prefer, a descent via Brookside is also appealing.

I estimate a 4+ hour drive to get there, so would like to start around 9am.

Any takers?

I would suggest if you reverse the order you do not descend the Howker Ridge - great trail, but it really chewed us up on Sunday going down hill - of course, you may be a lot younger and a lot more athletic...
Brookside is great!!!

Have Fun Ron - I did howker last year for the first time and it is one of my faves now.

Its not tougher (IMO) than anything else in that area. - except maybe the valley way. anything out there, you know your getting a 4K+ ele gain no matter how you slice it. The howks do a little up and down, but not bad. Its a great trail with great views, so that helps.

have fun. it beats valley way thats for sure!!