getting a campsite at franconia falls

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikerfast

Reaction score
I want to take my brother and 2 nieces backpacking this weekend. Does anybody know how to find out availability or reserve a campsite 3 miles out from Lincoln woods.

The Franconia campsite in on the Pemi East Side trail, and I believe are first-come-first-serve. You do have to get a permit at the Lincoln Woods Ranger station for Franconia Falls. IIRC, there are stepping stones across the river near the campsite, but would be difficult if the water is high.

It's first come, first serve. Just pick up a pass from the ranger at Lincoln Woods Ranger Station.

sounds like fourth of july weekend, it might well be full. i wonder if you can go 200 feet off the trail and camp there if it is

thanks Dave...
he just emailed about it raining..maybe we should just take the kids up Huntington Ravine.
actually something like Willard might be nice

A friend and I stayed at 13 falls on Tursday night and we were the only ones there except for the caretaker and one couple. This 4th is strange since no one knows which is the holiday weekend.

Hey HF

IF, 13 falls is filled, (and a great side trip if it isn't), there's an another set of about a 1/2 dozen falls above the 13 on the FB tr., about a 1/2 mile or so up. The Brk bows out to the west and where it comes back to the trial is the top of the set of falls.
There are places that have been camped in there, but not sure if the restriction applies.

Fbtr. Falls