Colorado Here We Come

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
All,

It is time for my family to move on to bigger and better things. I have lived in CT for the last 28 years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I will miss the beautiful autumn leaves and wonderful northeast mountains with their own personalities. Mostly I will miss my friends and family, my support group.

Emily and I have decided to move our family to CO to raise our children amongst the friendly atmosphere and high reaching mountains. We hope to foster an appreciation for the outdoors in our children and finally achieve our own piece of the American dream. I will be working for an organization whose goal it is to provide our earth with renewable energy.

Thanks to everyone on the board who has hiked with me, offered support, or showed an interested in my sometimes snore-fest TRs. I have met so many friendly people here.

I'll be up north for one-last horrah next week. If you are summiting Big Slide next Wednesday and see a couple of guys come around the corner with a bunch of climbing gear you will know that is me.

onward!
-percious

HOLY CR@P !!! Congratulations ! What area ? This is a good time to move too, before the kids are in school and all that.
Well, Best of Luck to you !

PS: If any of your climbing gear proves too heavy to travel, I'd be happy to give it a home ! ;)

Thanks Chip.

My new job is with www.nrel.gov. in Golden, CO. We will be living either in Lakewood, Golden, or Arvada. Still have to sort that stuff out...

And yes, all my climbing gear is coming with me.

Great hiking with you. I wish you and your family the best.

-chris

Chris, this is bittersweet.
Sad to see you go... but way to go, man!! I know you had been mentioning going out West and really dug CO - glad you found something out there to make the dream a reality.

If my semi-plans go as semi-planned, I might just stop by the area sometime this winter. ;)

Very good stuff, I'm very happy for you and your family.

So when is the official move out date?

btw - I enjoyed your high angle TRs ;)

Last edited:
Sort of bittersweet for me too i guess. I'm pretty psyched tho. I am leaving on August 24, spending a few days in Baltimore before going west. Anyone in my "core" (You know who you are) here is of course welcome to come and visit. We should have a spare bed available at our new place.

-percious

Haven't met ya but I did enjoy those TRs on climbing and all that. Enjoy CO!

Happy hiking and climbing,
Jay