Bearly Live '07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Metsky

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm probably not the best person to write up the trip report since I didn't arrive until 4:00 PM on Saturday, I didn't hike or paddle, and I didn't play any music. But I have a camera and I'm not afraid to use it. :)

The drive up from Boston on Saturday was a horror show, with torrential downpours that slowed down my trip to nearly double the normal time. As I showed up and found a parking spot by driving over a horseshoe pit and nearly holed my radiator, people were drifting in from some hikes and the band was organizing the sound system and figuring out the playlist. There were seemingly dozens of musicians wandering about, and SherpaK was trying to cable up 40-50 pieces of amplifier technology, all powered by 4 gerbils running on a teeny, tiny treadmill.

I disposed of a great deal of excess pottery (thank you all for hauling it away) and we checked to see if the beer supply would be adequate. Some mean girls showed up but we sent them to the pond and they seemed to mellow out. More band members kept arriving, like Deadheads sensing a free lunch, and the party guests were getting ready. The weather was hot and steamy, but no rain was in sight.

The band started playing the first set around 7:00 and things just took off. There were blues sets, Dead sets, Otter sets, and straight out rocker sets. People danced, hung out down on the water, chatted and caught up with friends, and I believe I saw one or two people drinking beer. Fortunately the neighbors were all there partying, because the sound was loud enough that they'd never been able to communicate with the police if they wanted to. Loons in four counties were applying for federal relief. But the sound quality kicked ass and none of the amps emitted a shower of sparks.

Things wound down around 1:00 AM after getting complaints from the FAA that we were interrupting trans-Atlantic flights with bass induced turbulence. People wandered off to tents and the campground and the stalwarts in the band broke down the sound system. This morning we hit the Egg-something restaurant for breakfast and said our goodbyes. Bearly Live 07 will go down in history as one of the most enjoyed rock'n'roll festivals pulled off with 20 minutes of planning and 3 cases of cold beer.

Of course, a big shout out to our hosts: Elle and SherpaK! Without you guys, none of this would have been necessary!

Photos HERE

-dave-

Bearly Live 2007

metsky said it all... what an absolutely fantastic time! :D

thanks sk and elle!!

edmunds

Between all the phone calls I got and the muscle relaxers I'm on, I almost thought I was there.

- darren

I just added some shots from Sunday, and a nice little (20 Meg) video of Freddy on slide with wa-wa peddle. :)

Wow - awesome picture of me there, Dave. I'll remember that... :)

A great big thanks to SK and Elle. Really fun time!! And the band was great. I think I behaved myself. :eek:

Reactions: arm
Sk...found a ring...46th...6 small diamonds...2 large diamonds
& mtns....is this the missing ring??????

mtnmama said:

Oh my God!! That is awesome if SK found the ring!! Gail was so crushed about losing it in the lake and she told me the whole story behind the creation of her ring--designed/created by her sister, crafted with love and lots of meaningful symbols of Gail's life!

Woohoo!!! So happy for Gail!!!

audrey said:
When the wind was right, we could hear you in Boston, and it was GOOD!
But we missed you two!!! :(

Being the eternal skeptic I'll wait for Sherp's or Gail's confirmation, but I sure hope you all are right about the ring. Talk about finding a needle in a hay--, er, mudstack! :D

David Metsky said:
I just added some shots from Sunday, and a nice little (20 Meg) video of Freddy on slide with wa-wa peddle. :)

Dave,

Great photos!! :D Listen, that's me on the 2nd to last photo paddling in the blue kayak...you can add my name to the photo if you like.

Thanks!

Nilsa

mtnmama said:

Yes it is! Gail and I just spoke w Sherpa and he found it yesterday! Now I have even more things to thank SK for...... it's getting to be a rather large list!

I had a great time playing w everyone and Gail and I had a great vacation, trips reports and photos will be posted soon! Thank you everyone for such a great time! :D :)

Reactions: arm
Ooops!

I forgot to mention that Sherpa said to say hello to everyone and thank them for such a great time. He's still at the lake and having a good, relaxing time of it, won't be online till next week. :)

Well, I was so happy to hear that my ring was found. Thanks to everyone for caring so much. I especially want to thank Fred for spending all morning in the lake looking for the ring and to Sherpa for finally finding it after we left. It was great news!
Fred and I had a wonderful time at the cottage, I met so many nice people, hiked so many beautiful mountains and made new friends. What a great vacation!