Mont Blanc June 2008

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
I am going to be in europe next summer for roughly a month in may/june. While nothing is set in stone, I am tossing the idea around of getting a few people to make an attempt on mont blanc via one of the "standard routes".

just tossing the feelers out right now, I am not paying 1200 euro for a guide and if I could find 2 or 3 others, maybe this could work.

some basic snow/ice/rock climbing and glacier skills are a must.

Pm me if interested in talking about this.

Hey Giggy,

I'm not interested in climbing Mont Blanc, but I was just over in that area for three weeks, so let me know if you need any logistic information or suggestions for the area besides Mt. Blanc.

I highly suggest the Traversée Royale or something longer if you want, oh and don't eat the yellow snow on the summit :D

same with Roadtripper

Gig - didn't climb the big one, but was sure hanging in the area a week ago. Let me know what info you are looking for.

Hmmm... you know what I think... or maybe you don't.

It'd be awesome to get back to the Alps and do some good stuff... so why Mt Blanc? Why not the Eiger? ;) - check out the West Ridge Route