Point Balk

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Point Balk? How it got its name, how navigable are the woods between TTop, PB and Marcy, etc.

It's close to the Hopkins Trail and there is almost no elly change from the trail to PB. There must be incredible views down into the Johns Brook Valley and across to the Great Range.

Thank you! Have you walked around up there?

Neil said:
Thank you! Have you walked around up there?

If she hasn't, we both know a couple whacked out climbers who have :D . Straight up the gut of this drainage that looks (from the bottom) like a shear cliff. I marvel at it evertime I walk by it (includig the other day).

How was it? It was described to me like this..... "Hell, hath no fury like the woods between Balk and Little Marcy". Something to that effect.

Great info Spruce, good passage. Did you ever incorporate the Basin Amp info I gave you?

mavs00 said:
If she hasn't, we both know a couple whacked out climbers who have :D . Straight up the gut of this drainage that looks (from the bottom) like a shear cliff. I marvel at it evertime I walk by it (includig the other day).

How was it? It was described to me like this..... "Hell, hath no fury like the woods between Balk and Little Marcy". Something to that effect.

Great info Spruce, good passage. Did you ever incorporate the Basin Amp info I gave you?
Yup-just how I remember it.

just the way it was, if i remember correctly.
very steep and after the first part it does open up with the occasional view.