Street and Nye, Weds August 29, ADK No 25 & 26

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
Took advantage of a weekday off to scoot back to the Daks to climb Street and Nye with Highonlife. We had limited time to hike today, and given the heat and humidity, Street and Nye turned out to be an excellent choice.

We hit the trail uncharacteristically late; at 9:00 am. (No one could ever accuse us of being fashionable, so describing our start as fashionably late would be just absurd).

Our hike turned out to be a power hike and we blasted up and back in five hours. HOL had just come from working a double shift and I honestly don't know where she gets her energy from.

The herdpaths are in really great shape and it looks like someone has recently been working on clearing some blowdown at about 2800 feet. Nice work and THANKS!

A short hike, a short trip report, and a happy peak count of 25 and 26. Its been a stellar week for hiking and HOL is continuing to help me with my mission to hike as much as possible between now and Sept 7 when I move to Massachusetts.

Special thanks to HOL for helping motivate me and keeping me company on the trails!

Total mileage 10.7
Total gain ~2500 ft
Route: the standard herdpaths

Good job. Looks like you have been hitting the peaks pretty hard. Keep it going. 20 to go.

Thanks

Thanks for the very recent trip report, I'm planning the same hike for next week to add number 22 and 23. I was wondering about the blowdowns but it sounds like the herdpaths are clear and easy to follow. Thanks again.