New Hampshire's Fantastic Fungi, Sept. 7 PM and Sept. 8, Albany, NH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
Adult Nature Course at Tin Mountain Conservation Center -
New Hampshire’s Fantastic Fungi

Course Times: Friday, September 7, 6:30 – 9 PM
And Saturday, September 8, 9 AM – 4 PM
Meet at the Tin Mountain Nature Learning Center 1245 Bald Hill Road, Albany, NH.

The course is lead by Tin Mountain Conservation Center Naturalist Chris De Nuzzio. Chris did graduate level study in Mycology with Dr. Rick Van De Poll at Antioch University New England.

Some of the mushrooms we might be encountering are the Amanitas, some of which are as beautiful as they are deadly, Russulas, a common forest mushroom throughout the region, the Lactarius, which ooze a milky substance when broken, and a wide variety of others in all shapes and colors from bright red, to purple to stark white. Puffballs, Sulfur Shelf, Corals, Chanterelles and others are popping up right now. Get to know them better with this Introduction in the classroom Friday night followed by field forays all day Saturday.

Donna Marie Dolan
PR/Communications
Tin Mountain Conservation Center
1245 Bald Hill Road
Albany, NH 03818

603-447-6991
[email protected]

I completely agree Audrey, but despite the lack of rain, I just walked a few of our trails yesterday and saw Chanterelles, Sulfur Shelf, several gorgeous clusters of Pear-shaped puffballs, a big Coral fungus cluster, Russulas, and on and on. I'm not even sure the class will have enough attendance to run at this point, but if it doesn't there's a chance it will run the last weekend of September instead. By then perhaps things will be looking wetter/better in the woods :) .