Question About the Killington Area

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dundare

Reaction score
Not quite relevant to the backcountry, but I do have a question about the area and it seems a lot of people on here frequent VT and the Adirondaks.

I am going to be in Montreal Wed through Sat morning on business. My wife is coming along and we are thinking about spending Sat night in VT at a nice inn. Just looking at our commute back down to MA, Killington seemed a nice spot to stop for the night.

We are looking for a comfortable inn with good food and a nice selection of beers. Given that many people like a beer after a hike or might spend a night in an inn on occasion rather than a tent, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or recomendations?

Thanks for any replies and I hope this is not too off topic for this board.

Thanks for the two suggestions. After checking both out, we stayed at the Inn at Long Trail and had a wonderful wonderful time. I am still stuffed from the dinner I ate there last night.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and from someone who spends most of his vacation and outdoor time in NH, its easy to see why people fall in love with Vermont...

Inn at LT!
Definately a good choice!
Mmmm! Guinness Stew! Just the thought is making me hungry!

Glad you had a good stay there, it is a great place.

I am still stuffed this morning from eating a dinner sized bowl of the Guiness Stew and washing it down with a couple of cold beers.

I will definately be returning!

To tie the Inn at the Long Trail into hiking, its not that bad of a walk from the Inn up to Pico Cabin which is on the old Long trail. The cabin has a few years on it, but it doesnt get a lot of use now that its 1/2 mile off the AT.

dundare,
To further tie in the posting to hiking. The Inn on Long Trail is on the former Long Trail. The LT has since been relocated, and crosses US4 about 0.9 miles west of the inn. The former LT section is still in use, but now has a different name. Hikers who want R&R at the Inn, and who want to pick up packages there still use that section. The management still keeps the parking area plowed out, so it's available for spotting cars.
All this info is from an employee [maybe even a manager] at the Inn who I talked to last week.

bindat