M & M to Finish AT on 9/17

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattC

Reaction score
Ulster County, NY Avatar: Chapel Pond From Giant M
This is weird-posting an event I unfortunately won't be able to make myself. Anyway, it looks like M & M (aka Dawn, aka Hike the 115) is on schedule to finish her incredible journey on Monday, if anyone happens to be in the neighborhood. I'll raise a pint in her honor that evening.

Matt

wow - seems like just yesterday I was drinking beer with her at a very snowed in mtnhouse. I think she was leaving for georgia that week.

must be awesome!

just so happens that is a boston beer night, will make sure we cheer her as well as mats and stinkyfeet!! :D :D

Congrats ahead of time. A job well done.

I will be starting my last section on her planned finish day and completing on Fri 9/21 at Springer.

Once again a GREAT job Dawn.

Woooooooohooooooo, that would be 6 months to the day after her 3/17 start. Awesome, what a goal, a dream, and an accomplishment. Hope for blue skies and good times. :)

Jay

She did it!!

Spoke to a very happy M&M tonite from Millinocket. She indeed had a picture perfect day to finish the AT on Katahdin. It is 6 months exactly from when she started.

Congrats to her, TomB, Evileye and Pootz who all finished today. They are a very inspiring bunch. I feel honored to have shared some of their journey with them.

Way to go! I also spent a few days on the trail with her in Virginia. What a way to finish a dream of a life time! 6 months to the day! All of us are so proud of her accomplishment.

Ed

Well, it's "the day after" ... did she do it??? I wanna scream woo-hoo and congratulations!

EDIT: Woo-hoo!!! Congratulations!!!

Last edited:
Way to go, Dawn! Met several through hikers who had heard of you, but none who had actually met you. Plus we missed you by a day at the Rattle River trailhead. :(

Glad you had such great fall weather for Katahdin.

An amazing woman, an amazing day

I had the honor of bringing Dawn's son to her finish and along with HarryK we had the priviledge of joining her, Pootz, Evil-eye, TomB and other At thru-hikers (including a triple-crowner!) on their finishes. It was a perfect day! We took the Hunt trail (obviously...) both up and down. What an incredible trail. I had no idea about the rock scrambling, it was a blast!

The attached photo is of TomB, Evil-eye, Pootz, and M&M.

Thank-you Dawn for letting all of us join you in our small ways on this journey. You really are an amazing woman!

Congrats from me as well it is a great accomplishment. Enjoyed reading your journal from start to finish. I hope you can add your impressions of the Maine portion of the hike as the journal seemed to thin down at that point. All of N.E. was nice but the 100 mile wilderness was my favorite section of the the AT. ( I did only NE a few years back ) Again congrats on a hike well done.