M & M to Finish AT on 9/17

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Dawn!! That's just amazing, what a great accomplishment. Most importantly seems like you have a lot of fun doing it too.

We need another beer night celebration... :D, seriously. Hope to see you soon.

Anyone in the Whites 9/22-23?

What an awesome journey. Thank you all for your support, even if it was just a few words of encouragement...I loved it all. It is hard to describe the emotions going on in me right now. I'm sure those of you who have done it can understand what I mean. It is going to be hard to go back to "normal" life...whatever that is. I don't go back to work until mid-October so I have some time to adjust. I will get the remaining days updated on my journal within the next few days. I will be staying in the Whites (North Conway) this weekend in case anyone will be around. Party Saturday night????

hikethe115 said:
What an awesome journey. Thank you all for your support, even if it was just a few words of encouragement...I loved it all. It is hard to describe the emotions going on in me right now. I'm sure those of you who have done it can understand what I mean. It is going to be hard to go back to "normal" life...whatever that is. I don't go back to work until mid-October so I have some time to adjust. I will get the remaining days updated on my journal within the next few days. I will be staying in the Whites (North Conway) this weekend in case anyone will be around. Party Saturday night????

One fellow I met who had done the PCT and AT said when he finished the latter he ended up painting blue blazes on the wall between the bedroom and bathroom. He said it helped him to reaclimate marginally.

Congrats!

A " Certain Someone " and Myself want to congratulate you on such a fine journey. What an awesome accomplishment!
Neighbor and Chickety GA -> ME " 05 "

Congrats Dawn!...sorry I said this on the gathering site...I kept telling my kids every so often where u were...

woohoo! I mean, Yaaahrrr, it be good ta hear that ye finished your pillaging of that thar trail o'r the mountains. Getch'yer land lubbin' legs to the sea wench! It's International Talk Like a Pirate Day and I'm in Astoria, OR (or 1985 Goonies movie fame). Chip and I have been wondering about your progress and it's so great to hear that you've finished. What a journey. I'll look forward to seeing you this fall! Rock on!

Congratulations Dawn!

Glad to see you're back safe and sound from your amazing journey! Hope to hike with you again soon!

Congratulations Dawn. What an adventure it must have been. I really enjoyed reading your trail reports. Thanks for sharing your experiences and letting us mere mortals get a sense of the freedom, perserverance and fortitude that this endeavor requires. I can only imagine what a life changing experience it must be. How many of us casually think or even say 'someday I'd like to...' But hey you actually did it!!