Baxter State Park 9/28-29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRat

Reaction score
Windy, over yonder on RocksOnTop, has organized a Baxter State Park trip for this weekend.

There are easily a dozen available campsites at Foster Field. Windy thought it would be a good idea to extend the invite here.

Should be a blast!

Baxter State Park Trip

I'll be in Maine that weekend, meeting up with some guys who are at Baxter already. They haven't yet decided how long to stay in Baxter (might go to Rangeley area instead). So there's a chance I'll see you there.

PS McRat, I emailed you yesterday - your VFTT mailbox is full again.

nartreb said:
PS McRat, I emailed you yesterday - your VFTT mailbox is full again.

Sorry, I just cleared it out.

Hope our trails cross again in Baxter, Nartreb.

I hear there's a bad foliage-itis epidemic going around.
If anyone needs to call in sick friday Russ is offering a forged note from your doctor :D

Gorgeous weather in Baxter today for your hike! I just drove home from there. You likely bumped into Marchowes ... he left camp this morning headed to the Travelers.

Sad but true I missed one ofthe best hiking days of the fall :mad:
I woke up with inflammed tonsils, low grade fever, sore throat, and horrible sinus congestion..grrrrr! Maybe I can go next Sunday if the weather looks good. I should be recoverd by then. Darn, the foliage is really pretty right now.

Sorry I missed the VFTTers - my group had a full schedule: Traveler loop Saturday, OJI (via North Slide), Coe, and the Brothers on Sunday.

Mein pix from this Baxter trip. Sorry, uncaptioned, unedited, and a few are downright crooked.

Yup, the foliage is *blazing*. :D

Yes, of course, BIG THANKS to Windy on RoT (www.rocksontop.com) for arranging for us to go to BSP!!!

As with MichaelJ's pics above, mine too are unedited/untouched and my apologies if there are too many pics; some are nice and some are much less so. See http://hikeramiga.phanfare.com/album/434596

(NOTE: save for a few, most of the pics DO NOT do the area justice--one has to be there to appreciate the beauty!!)

NOTE: This was my first time in Baxter and I realize I only got to experience a minute area to include only two hikes: 1) to OJI via a slide where I hit my chin hard on some wet rock slab, and 2) a solo hike up to Sentinel Mountain where I got the most awesome views of Katahdin and vicinity!

I can hardly wait to go back to Baxter!!