Crampon Recall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have the Sarkens and I am bummed about the recall since I love the crampons for general use - I got Vasaks for glacier and G14s for steep ice... the Sarkens filled the void in between and I don't really need another Vasak or another steep ice crampon - M10s.
Ugh...
But, kudos to Petzl - I can choose any other crampon from their line for free or another item of the same value - $149 - at least that's what was posted at the EMS down here. Maybe I'll get a rope.

Thanks for the heads up. From memory what I have seen in the past with full 'technical crampons" is that one of the bails, usually the front one malfunctions.

This one seems more due to the actual crampon points :eek:

Mike P. said:
This one seems more due to the actual crampon points :eek:
They say that the front point joint has shown faster than usual wear - or "premature wearout". I have yet (on public forums) to hear of anyone who has reached this state.
I'd like to keep mine, but just knowing that they are recalled will put a big mental hesitation when using them - and that just makes them unsafe whether they break or not.