Timmus down (surgery)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
Positive thoughts headed your way Timmus - I summited Cannon 6 weeks after double foot surgery, you'll be back at it before you know it! :)

Steve, since last year you've been inspiration #1 for getting my feet fixed. I don't know about Cannon, but I will get outhere as soon as possible. Right now I'm sruggling with pain.

MichaelJ said:
(Santa should bring you an early present of a laptop)

I have my mom's... There was no way I could go through this without the Internet...

That's as much I can do for now, anway I'll have plenty of time to get back here. Unless my daughters don't let me !!

Thnkas to everybody, I appreciated it so much !!

We're praying for a very speedy recovery for you. Hope to see you on (or off) the trails again soon.

marchowes said:
Who else will draw such silly cartoons about the "spruce needle infiltration" in obscure summit registers????

Héhé, yes, that's true. Can't wait to go up there and do more.
Frodo said:
Julie,

meilleure de la chance sur votre rétablissement ! J'espère que vos pieds récupèrent, ainsi et vous pouvez obtenir de nouveau à votre passion qui est les montagnes.

Robert'
Merci mon Bob ! T'es pas mal fin de t'avoir donné la peine !! (try translate this, just for fun)

So far things are not going so well, 4 days after the surgery I still can't get off the bed. My feet feels like basketballs stuck in peanut butter jars.

I can't eat because my stomach is too upset (strong medications), and I feel too nauseous to read, type or play dice. Anyway, I'm by myself in my parent's living room, my daughters thinks I'm boring and nobody is visiting me :( Maybe that's because the pee smell from the pot I'm using because I can't get up...)

I hope this first week of invalidity will finish soon, please keep me entertained with funny threads and polls !!!

So, I'm a bit late getting onto this thread. Know why? It's because I don't care. No, I don't care whether you get well fast or slow... as long as you're better in time to work with us next spring/summer.

And just remember. It could be worse. Be thankful that we, as humans, do not use our feet to wipe our butts.

Will you show me your sicatrice?

Jackie sends her wishes.

timmus said:
Merci mon Bob ! T'es pas mal fin de t'avoir donné la peine !! (try translate this, just for fun)
Here's a high-school French try:

"Thanks, Bob! You're not bad in the end to have given the pen... uh... hardly!!"

How's that?

Mercy, Bob!

timmus said:
I can't eat because my stomach is too upset (strong medications), and I feel too nauseous to read, type or play dice.

my $0.02 - to the extent you can deal w/ the pain - get off the serious pain meds ASAP and just use Ibuprofen...

i am curious, why did your feet need "fixin?"

even more curious, why no rehab "toons" yet?

Gris said:
my $0.02 - to the extent you can deal w/ the pain - get off the serious pain meds ASAP and just use Ibuprofen...

Exactly what I am thinking, but I'm not sure Advil will be enough, because even the strong stuff doesn't cut all the pain. I'm always feeling the burning and the pressure of the cast.

Gris said:
i am curious, why did your feet need "fixin?"
Bunions, both feet. Like UnfrozenCaveman last year (there's a long thread about it, lots of info)

timmus said:
My feet feels like basketballs stuck in peanut butter jars.
Sounds like a cartoon to me :)

I buy peanut butter in 18 oz jars so a basketball wouldn't fit unless deflated

Would come see you in Mtl but I hear all bridges all collapsing :)

Julie, I am very sorry to hear about your being laid up. :( I only now just found out as I've been having too much outdoor fun to visit here much lately.

Alas, I may be back on here much more soon as I'm visiting the doctor to look at my foot & ankle tomorrow... :eek:

RoySwkr said:
timmus said:
My feet feels like basketballs stuck in peanut butter jars.
Sounds like a cartoon to me :)

Absolutely, Roy.

Double Bow said:
Alas, I may be back on here much more soon as I'm visiting the doctor to look at my foot & ankle tomorrow... :eek:

Good luck to you.

What's great about my condition is that bushwhacking helped me built super strong arms, and now I can use 'em to move around the house sitting on my butt (sorry, there will be no cartoon for this) :D

Last edited:
timmus said:
What's great about my condition is that bushwhacking helped me built super strong arms, and now I can use 'em to move around the house sitting on my butt (sorry, there will be no cartoon for this) :D
That leaves us to using our imaginations. Are you sure that's what you want?

timmus said:
nobody is visiting me :( Maybe that's because the pee smell from the pot I'm using because I can't get up...)

I hope this first week of invalidity will finish soon, please keep me entertained with funny threads and polls !!!

Who is this Motabobo guy, and why isnt he sending flowers laced with potpourri to off set the fumes????? :D

Last edited:
timmus said:
Que votre déplacement autour de la maison et votre rétablissement soient aussi rapide que votre vitesse sur les pistes. Bonne guérison. :)

Last edited:
Hi Timmus-
Sorry I'm so late in sending you best wishes. Your sweet little girls might enjoy your reading them an exciting story.... that doesn't sound boring to me :D !

Julie - I've been away and just read about your surgery! The picture - ouille! You ain't goin anywhere with them hanging on. Now you'll have both strong arms AND legs - from those weights. Hope we can all help you through this!! Heal well!! :cool: