The 14 highest peaks of Maine

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foss Mountain is also my favorite place to go when there are Northern Lights in the 'forecast'!
(If you are talking about the Foss Mountain in (Eaton/Snowville/Brownfield)

chinooktrail said:
Foss Mountain is also my favorite place to go when there are Northern Lights in the 'forecast'!
(If you are talking about the Foss Mountain in (Eaton/Snowville/Brownfield)

The one and only - most easily ascended from Eaton's Snowvillage Inn, which a few years ago tried to market itself as the destination for vacationers who enjoy XC skiing in the nude. (I thought that was an extreme example of niche marketing.)

Roy seems to be suggesting that, in addition to Green Mt. in Effingham, another sub-2K peak in the vicinity of Greater Freedom may be on the unpublished list of "NH 48 Most Prominent." I won't be able to check my topos for a few days, but he has piqued my curiosity.

RoySwkr said:
giving a 14 highest list of
5268 4293 Mt. Katahdin
5260 60 South Peak (Katahdin)
5250 20 *West Bump of South Peak, Katahdin
4910 80 Pamola
4890 60 Chimney Peak
4756 506 Hamlin Peak
4750 100 Howe Peaks (Katahdin)
4710 20 *another of the Howe Peaks
4490 20 *Hunt Trail, Katahdin
4410 20 *NW Plateau, Katahdin
4250 3180 Sugarloaf Mtn.
4228 1218 Crocker Mtn.
4194 40 *North Bump of Howe, Katahdin
4170 2720 Old Speck Mtn.

well, that was the quickest I've ever completed a list. I read about it just a few seconds ago and lo and behold, it's done already.
:D

spencer

Amicus said:
It's also a color - beloved of environmentalists and Hibernians.
Silly me, now I know why you climb it so often!

spencer said:
well, that was the quickest I've ever completed a list. I read about it just a few seconds ago and lo and behold, it's done already.
Welcome back, spencer! You probably have most if not all of the 42 bumps necessary to claim regardless of col selected as per EE's theorum.

Once you've done a lot of hiking, it's easy to find you've already finished a list before seeing it - happened to me with 52WAV and Y-list for example

Last edited: