Snow Totals

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowshoe

Reaction score
How much snow did everyone get from last night and this mornings snow. Northewest Nj High point Stokes area got just 4 inches. That was from around 800ft and up trace well below that elavation

2" in the nw cats, 1800', the mountains were socked in most of the day, but there was snow cover all the way to Cairo NY, (not Egypt).

Not in NJ, PA, or NY, but coastal ME and NH got their first flurries and wet snow showers during the day Friday, from ocean effect snow. Since temperatures were above freezing, there was no accumulation. I believe it also mixed with light rain along the immediate shoreline when it was light enough. My father said he saw some flurries as far inland as Chester and Derry first thing in the morning. :)

grouseking

Tom & Atticus said:
Enough snow to make it look like winter on top of Jackson.
Old Speck was pretty frosty yesterday too!

JonBelowTheTower.jpg

There was approximately a foot of snow saturday on Washington above treeline (with drifts about 2.5 feet in places) and approx 6 inches on the Wildcat Ridge yesterday.

I'll try to get some pics up later. Bluebird weekend in the Whites!!! :D

In Morris Cty, NJ, I had about an inch on the grassy areas saturday morning that was gone by the time I got back sunday afternoon... About 3-5" on the summits in the catskills according to what I saw and reports from others... Less snow down in the valleys

Jay

Last edited:
no snow

None in Albany. I went to High Point in 1978 with my Dad who used to go there in the 30's with his scout troop. It was so windy that day we almost didn't make it to the monument. Cool place.