Emergency pants for winter dayhikes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hikerfast said:
i put up a thread about warm pants a couple years ago also. i hike hot so i wear polypo and wind pants on the legs, but carry 300wt fleece in the pack. but who the heck is going to take off their boots and wind pants and put the fleece on, then the wind pants, then the boots again? i wanted a zippered pant solution, like down or something. i remember getting a couple links.

http://www.guideschoice.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=358

Chip said:
Wearing Mammut Champ Pants.
Carrying Marmot Precip pants as rain/hardshell.
Carrying or wearing also Capilene long johns. And maybe carrying an extra pair.
This is my first season with the Champ soft shell pants so I'm not sure how warm they are on their own yet, but I'll find out this weekend ! :)
Back Packing the Carters on Saturday it was about 17-23 degrees all day. I wore only the Champ pants and spandex/biker short briefs and was very comfortable. Packed were Precip pants, capilene long johns and 100 weight fleece pants. I slept in the fleece pants and wore them out under the Champs on Sunday, sans briefs, also very comfortable.

Tim Seaver said:
Hopefully it's not "laughing too hard after eating cream of broccoli soup the previous night"
I'd like to hear "The rest of the Story" sometime !

Last edited: