Smarts Mtn.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDawg

Reaction score
How far of a walk would I be talking doing an out and back to Smarts Mtn. over Cube via the AT from NH route 25A at Gilmans Corner? Elevation? I don't have a S. NH guide (shame on me.) It looks pretty long. The only map I've seen of the area is from topozone.

Other than the AT is the access to Smarts out of Quinttown? I'm coming from the Plymouth area.

Smarts is a great hike. I've only done it via the AT from Lyme, NH. I believe the Smarts Mountain trails are in the WMG. According to an older AT guidebook, the mileage from NH25A to the summit of Smarts is 10.2 miles (one way). The Dartmouth Outing club has a good website that includes Smarts and Cube. DOC

Other access to Smarts: There is the Ranger trail that leaves from the same location as the AT in Lyme. Yes, the other access is the Daniel Doan trail from Quinttown.

In early October, we hiked the AT from Lyme over Holts Ledge and Smarts Mountain, and exited via the Daniel Doan Trail for our 19th annual White Mountain CROP Walk; really fine route! There is still a bridge out near the base of the DD Trail, but you can boulder hop the stream.