Kahtoola Microspikes - great for this time of year

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobC

Reaction score
I've posted this on a couple other sites, figured I should post here too since I found out about these second-hand from a VFTT member (thanks Matsroing!).

I've used these twice now, first time was on a fairly ice Webster-Jackson trail. They work great. Lighter and easier to put on than Stabilicers, and they pack way smaller too. Get them here for $49.95 until 12/10.

I'll second that these look very cool and tough - I saw Mats sporting them this past weekend having an easy time crossing ice and scrambling on rocks. And yes, they are very easy to take off

;)

Oops, I forgot to say "Thanks to HikerAmiga and Matsroing". It was really HikerAmiga that told me about these. Lo siento! ;)

Save on shipping

If you add an item to bring the total to $50.01+, then you save the $5.95 shipping.

They have several items for less than a buck. Just click on "Shop by Price".

Thanks for posting.

Zappos.com has free overnight shipping (only XS, S, and M left) so if you need them quickly (i.e. for this weekend) I'd go there. I ordered mine on a weeknight and got them the next morning.

griffin said:
Anyone know if REI has them? (still have a dividend to spend)

I bought my Kahtoola crampons at Pinkham Notch. Maybe they carry the microspikes also. Anyone know?

pinkham had the small size last saturday, they said they were the only place that had them. i went to ems and ime in north conway and true enough, they did not carry them

From what I can tell, the best deal going for these right now is the one RLC posted above...I just ordered a pair and tacked on a pair of hand warmers for a $1.00 more and got the free shipping.

Can't wait to test them out!

Just got and returned a pair - unfortunately even the large won't fit over a decent sized men's tele ski boot. Bummer! I thought they'd be ideal for when you have to make the occasional scramble over an icy summit to get to where you want to ski. Anyway, here's hoping they eventually make an extra-large version!

inbetweenie

I'm wondering if the S , which fits up to sz 8.5, or the M , which starts at 8.5, would be better for someone who IS an 8.5.

Thanks!
Inge :)

I'm wondering if the S , which fits up to sz 8.5, or the M , which starts at 8.5, would be better for someone who IS an 8.5.

Thanks!
Inge :)

I am an 8 shoe size and have the SMALL microspikes and find the fit snug (a little struggle getting them around my boot) and wondered if I too should have gotten a MEDIUM instead. If you're a size 8.5, I'd get the MEDIUMS.

If you're looking to order online, basegear.com has them for $58.88 with free shipping (for orders over $50).