Kahtoola Microspikes - great for this time of year

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All i could find in these parts are X-small so i ordered them online. Outdoor Gear Exchange was unsure when they would get more, but they do have plenty of X-smalls there.

They had them at Concord EMS when I was there last weekend (not sure about sizes). I purchased mine last year at the Lahouts in Lincoln - the one in the shopping mall.

Lahouts in Lincoln, NH, also sells them - the Lahouts in the little strip mall at the east end of town.

A set of Kahtoola Microspikes and MSR Denali Evo Ascents are on my shopping list for November 3rd purchase. Looking forward to experience my first winter hiking season. Hopefully RLC and Nilsa are still willing to help me learn the ropes. ;)

EMS Poughkeepsie

Just an FYI, EMS Poughkeepsie has a number of microspikes on hand....

EMS in Conway has them as well, on the same rack as YakTrax and Stablicers, next to the shoe department.

When I saw on line the reports of snow, I went to dig out my Stableicers. I discovered to my shock that the front strap for each shoe was warn over have way through. I needed to do something so I decided to go for some microspikes and after some searching went with Zappos. At Zappos they come at 'list' but with no shipping charge and of course with a liberal return policy.

I ordered them at 6:30 PM Tues. eve. The next day they were delivered by UPS at 3:30 PM. It's hard to beat that kind of service.:D:D:D

I went to try some on at the EMS in Canton today, but they don't carry them. :( I'm trying to decide between Med and Lg, as I wear a 10.5 boot. :confused:

Large fit my size 11 scarpa and 10.5 montrail equally well

Could have sold a dozen pair of these on the Osceolas last weekend....

Lahouts in Lincoln had all sizes the other day...

The thickness of one's boot is a large factor: I wear a size 8.5-9 shoe--a medium Microspike fits my summer boots and a large fits my winter double boots.

Doug

I haven't decided to buy them yet. However, if I do which boots do I fit them to? My leathers or my Koflach? My argument is that I should fit them to my leather boots since it will be early in the season and a full crampon isn’t warranted, plus the weather isn’t cold enough to need the Koflach. If I fit them to the Koflach then I am compelled to wear the Koflach even if the conditions are not cold enough since they will be too big to fit on the leathers.

I haven't decided to buy them yet. However, if I do which boots do I fit them to? My leathers or my Koflach? My argument is that I should fit them to my leather boots since it will be early in the season and a full crampon isn’t warranted, plus the weather isn’t cold enough to need the Koflach. If I fit them to the Koflach then I am compelled to wear the Koflach even if the conditions are not cold enough since they will be too big to fit on the leathers.
Microspikes/Stabilicers/instep crampons can also be useful during full winter as well as the edges. I bought 2 pairs of Microspikes--one for each type of boot.

Doug