Thread: Posts??

Posts??

i DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS "NEW POSTS- NO TC"?????....
    Hike today, work tomorrow... ME

-The happiest people don't have the best of everything - They make the best of everything that they have!

ADK 46-R # 6750W
    CL-50 Thruhike #51
    CATSKILLS 9/35
    NPT Complete 7-6-13

My Photos

The button "New Posts" will display all new posts and all new trail condition reports since your last visit. The "New Posts - No TC" will do the same except exclude the TC reports.

This was something I specifically asked for. It's quite useful when rushed for time to be able to just see posts that are discussions and leave out trail conditions, especially when both types could have the same topic names.
    May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Thanks

i KNEW IT WAS SIMPLE....JUST YOUR BRAIN DOESNT WORK SOMETIMES....gUESS I COULD HAVE HAD A V8

q: SOME PEOPLE TYPE...."LOOK HERE" FOR SOMETHING,BLA,BLABLA.....AND THE WORD HERE IS COLORED AND SENDS YOU TO A LINK. HOW IS THAT DONE??

-The happiest people don't have the best of everything - They make the best of everything that they have!

ADK 46-R # 6750W
    CL-50 Thruhike #51
    CATSKILLS 9/35
    NPT Complete 7-6-13

My Photos

First, if possible, please post in mixed case letters. All CAPS is very hard to read.

To post links, just click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button above the box your write your posts in. It's the little globe with a link of chain. Type in the URL and the text you want to appear, and voila!

That looks like this: {URL=http://www.hikethewhites.com}voila{/URL} only with square braces instead of the curly braces.

Lake Katrine, NY, just inside the Catskill Blue Line
    I will just add another general point. If you want to see how somebody accomplished something in their post (such as images, links, lists, etc.); click on the button at the lower right corner of the post. That will bring up the "Reply to thread" composer. You can back out of this without actually posting. The entire post will be shown (surrounded by some QUOTE tags). You will also see all the tags (other than QUOTE) that the poster used to accomplish the original post.

Also before you actually post you can use the "Preview Post" button. From there you can verify that your tags worked correctly. Click on your links to verify they bring up the proper web page.
    Last edited by Mark Schaefer; 05-23-2008 at 12:03 PM.
    “Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.” Henry Ford
    My Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/CatskillHiker

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for all your help. Its nice to know what your doing sometimes...everyone elses post look so nice , i wanted to know how too.
    thanks
    viewseeker

ADK 46-R # 6750W
    CL-50 Thruhike #51
    CATSKILLS 9/35
    NPT Complete 7-6-13

My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ
    This was something I specifically asked for.
    You and about 100 of the rest of us!