La Sportiva Nepal Evo Gtx

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highonlife

Reaction score
Looking into the womens, anyone have an opinion on LaSportiva? or this particular boot?

Thanks

Lots of good reviews on this boot here on this board and elsewhere. La Sportive tends to run narrow. Here's a Link to a company that's shaved a bit off of MSRP!

I think the Sportiva K4s is a better, warmer boot for the money. I use them as my primary ice-climbing/alpine boot. These are activities which require a considerable amount of standing around, in addition to a lot of hiking (>8 miles in 1 day) I know climbers who have both boots and say the K4s is warmer. YMMV.

-chris

A little more Info but a bit dated...This is a review comparing the Nepal Extreme which is the predecessor to the EVO, and the K4S. Take the review for what it's worth but also factor in that the Evo fits differently (Better IMO) than the Extreme. If you like the EVO better than the K4S you can always add an Insulated Super Gaitor for added warmth. The K4S with an Insulated Super Gaitor would be REAL toasty. IMO the EVO is a better crossover boot between three season and Winter use especially paired with a Super Gaitor than the K4S....Although the K4S is a better (Warmer) staright up Winter Boot. The Choice is going to be fit and what your intended use is going to be.

highonlife said:
Looking into the womens, anyone have an opinion on LaSportiva? or this particular boot?

Thanks
Not sure where the K2's comparison fit in the current line up but I have had them for many winters and found them comfortable and warm from the start (warm feet when others in plastics had cold feet - below 0 temps). I liked them enough to get their uninsulated boot for times when I needed a boot but not insulated. Love them too.

carole said:
Not sure where the K2's comparison fit in the current line up but I have had them for many winters and found them comfortable and warm from the start (warm feet when others in plastics had cold feet - below 0 temps). I liked them enough to get their uninsulated boot for times when I needed a boot but not insulated. Love them too.

I believe the K4s is the next-next generation of the K2. Gear express is selling them at a decent price, I really like that store.

-percious

highonlife said:
When you talk of Extreme are these opinions on the GTX's too?

In what respect? The Evo Gortex again is the upgraded Extreme. They also changed the fit. Narrower in the heel and the added Gortex sock. The EVo is probably a bit warmer than the Extreme because less breathable again due to the added layer of gore but theoretically more waterproof. I would say that the Extreme and the Evo Gortex would again be more of a crossover boot from Three Season to Four Season depending on conditions and terrain. Whereas the K4S is definitely a Winter boot.

That is what I was wondering if you were talking about the upgraded version, I like the idea of this boot and the insulated gaiter...think this is the boot I am leaning towards...Thanks for your help, its been great.

highonlife said:
That is what I was wondering if you were talking about the upgraded version, I like the idea of this boot and the insulated gaiter...think this is the boot I am leaning towards...Thanks for your help, its been great.

The EVO and an insulated SuperGaitor again will give you a wide range of flexibility when it comes to terrain,existing conditions, and a one boot dynamicness. Be sure to try some on if you can. I have a tube steak aka narrow foot and have had great luck with La Sportiva for 10 to 15 years now....in other words I'm a guy who got his Moma's feet. Although much of what I have been saying here is from what I have experienced from the Men's side of Boots. I would try before you buy or check on wether you can return if they do not feel just right. Be calm in knowing these are Quality boots any which way. There are other wider Boots out there like Scarpas that have the same technology, but I'll let giggy comment on that :)

I wear the men's version of the LaSportiva Nepal Evo GTX. I haven't worn plastics since I got them last in Nov 06. I use them for hiking in the Whites in winter, technical ice climbing and mountaineering in the Cascades.
I love them. :)

I know one woman on this board that wears them, but I'll let her chime in with her opinion of the women's version. Looks to me that the only difference is the color.

Reactions: arm
percious said:
I believe the K4s is the next-next generation of the K2. Gear express is selling them at a decent price, I really like that store.

-percious

Grab them while you can. I saw the K4S on Blowout at IME in North Conway for $250. I spoke with the guys there and they say this boot has been discontinued and if you look at there Web Page there does not seem like a direct predecessor is to be had. There are also some for sale Here

Woody48 said:
I wear the men's version of the LaSportiva Nepal Evo GTX. I haven't worn plastics since I got them last in Nov 06. I use them for hiking in the Whites in winter, technical ice climbing and mountaineering in the Cascades.
I love them. :)

I know one woman on this board that wears them, but I'll let her chime in with her opinion of the women's version. Looks to me that the only difference is the color.

Are you talkin' about me Woody??? I started out in a used pair of the men's Nepal Extremes from the IME basement. These came with supergators so I used them. After about a year I sprung for the women's Nepal EVO when I found it 25% off. Besides the color the fit in the women's is much better and the Evo's do have a few improvements over the extremes. They are quite comfortable and I'm truly glad I bought them. I have not tried the K4's though.

I now wear my Evo's without supergators and I haven't noticed the difference yet, so the insulation might have improved some too between models. Like Woody I use them for some technical ice, some mountaineering in the Cascades/Alpes (not the coldest), and for winter hiking in the whites. I've had them out to 10 below in the NE at which point I wear my warm socks and some toe warmers. Generally if I'm moving around even a little bit my feet stay warm. But then again outside of my Lang ski boots most anything feels warm. You will have to be then judge if you think they can keep your feet happy for what you do, but they are great boots.