Wright peak ski trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillman1

Reaction score
Anybody been on the ski trail recently? I'm bringing a friend this weekend on his first trip snowboarding in the mountains, and I was hoping this trail still had enough snow.

Sorry can't say for the Loj area but was up at Gothics last weekend and conditions were good. Probably a foot on top of the usual ice base, very doable. I was in the Green mtns. this weekend and if our mtns are any indication things only are better. If you go let us know what you come across.

From the loj to Marcy summit there was 12-36 inches of the white stuff. Also snowed a little over the weekend, so there's snow up there. If it warms this week as it's forecast to do, the first stretch from the lodge to the .9mile point towards Algonquin will be a bit messy as the snow base is thin in spots from the prior thaw. I know from Marcy Dam to Phelps the snow got deeper quickly, so from the .9 junction to Wright it should do the same as you gain elevation.

I was on Algonquin last weekend... wish I had brought my skis. Perfect skiing conditions, except for the lower parts of the trail where you'll encounter a few odd rocks and roots. Otherwise 4-10" of powder on a hard packed base.

Of course, things will change with the warmer weather expected for later this week.