Jackson and Webster via Jackson-Webster Trail and Webster Cliff Trail - 12/27/07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

We met someone in the parking lot just coming down as we were headed up. He told us that the trail was hard packed and advised us to leave our snowshoes in the car. Big mistake.

The Jackson-Webster Trail (Jackson Branch) was hard packed and snowshoes weren't necessary but the Webster Cliff Trail and the Webster Branch of the Jackson-Webster trail were a mess.

I apologizing for postholing a good portion of those trails, however they aren't beyond repair and a couple people with snowshoes would go a long way.

The culmination of our frustration was getting stuck past my shoulders in snow near the summit of Webster, only to have my dog jump in with me thinking I was trying to play.

Equipment: Crampons Recommended (we were fine without them) for Jackson-Webster (Jackson Branch). Snowshoes REQUIRED for Webster Cliff Trail and the Webster Branch of the J-W trail. Poles very helpful for the stream crossings which are very icy and not completely frozen.