Upperworks and/or Santanoni trails

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viewfinder

Reaction score
...was wondering if anybody has been up in this neck of the woods in the last couple of days. Tomorrow, I was thinking of heading into the Santanonis (via Bradley Pond) or up Macnaughton via Preston Pond) and using skis for the trail portion of either. But a hike around Camels Hump in VT today revealed a lot less snow (at trailhead and at elevation) than I anticipated. Not to mention the manky quality of the snow! But that should freeze up tonight and atleast part of tomorrow morning and be fairly supportive. Any troopers make it out there today or yesterday? Feasibility of skiing from the trailhead?

thanks for your input,
Viewfinder

I would leave the skis at home. The snow will be patchy down low, and you will probobly end up carring them for most of the low stretch. As for the Santanonis, yikes. The mud around placid and my place (Westport) is deep. The mud to Bradley pond is deep during the dry season, right now it must be unforgiving, only a guess from what I've seen over the last week. That's my five cents, but that's just my thoughts.