The passing of a member of our hiking family.................

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Neil and Sylvie,

Please accept my heartfelt sympathies. While I did not have the
chance to share an adventure with Dominic, I admire his passion
and connection he found in the mountains. You will be in my thoughts
and prayers constantly.

My affectionate respects to you and yours,

Clarke

Dear Neil and Sylvie!

You have been in my thoughts and prayers so frequently since I first read the horrible news. It does not escape me how fragile our time w/ our loved ones is, but your post made me put my thoughts into actions. I thank you greatly for that.
I pray that God will bless you through this incredible pain.

All my condolences and sympathies -
Inge

I was not priviliged to meet Dominic, but it is obvious from this thread that he was a very special young man. It sounds like several people here had met him personally and enjoyed his enthusiasm for the outdoors with him very much. I'm so sorry for your loss and you are in my thoughts.

My heart goes out to you Neil and Sylvie. So sorry for your loss.

Hanna

Such sad news, such a wonderful life

Neil and Sylvie, when I first read the news of your loss in my office last week, I sat stunned and silent for a good ten minutes. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, but I have enjoyed your many trip reports and posts. When I saw the pictures of Dominic, how happy and full of life he was, I could only think of how proud you must have been and what a crushing blow this must be to you.

I hope the days pass quickly until the sadness abates and you can look back and smile and realize that, while his days on Earth were far too brief, Dominic most certainly lived well, and was charmed to have had such wonderful parents whom he clearly loved being with.

Neil and Sylvie,

Very sorry and saddened to hear about this. My thoughts are with you.

-Jamie

Condolences. I don't believe there can be any greater tragedy than losing a child or a spouse. I was told by one couple who lost a young son that their only consolation was in knowing that the worst thing that could have happened to them was behind them ... nothing else could be worse.

I have also been told by others who lost loved ones that they felt the presence ... presence, not just memories ... of their loved ones in the mountains. May you feel the joy of that memory and presence.

Neil, Sylvie and family,

I'm heartbroken.

When Alison was born a few months after Dom, my mother-in-law told me to always remember that my daughter was on loan from God, for He was the one in charge. I thought it tough to hear at the time, but through all the year's I've felt strength in knowing that what she said was incredibly true.

You were given a wonderful gift that you cherished, nourished and nurtured for many years. A fine young man.

Neil, you were so very proud. A great dad. At the Ark, Dom told me how much he appreciated what you did for him. Don't even think he didn't know how much you loved him.

Please find peace in the coming weeks. We're here for you, just reach on out. Mary Jo and I are reeling from the news.

I'll be traveling tomorrow and will have all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Neil-
Peaceful thoughts and love to you and your family at this very sad time.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures of your wonderful son Dominic, they brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart at the same time. I never met Domiinic but I have children his age and I know how your heart must be breaking, hold tight to those memories and hold tight to one another.
I will keep in my prayers.
karen

Just got back into Placid from the service, which was beautiful. I wanted to post this for those that went. This was the photo I snapped that day on Phelps Mt. that I spoke about.

DCP_5470.jpg

Bless you Neil and Sylvie.

Yes, Tim it was a moving ceremony and you made us proud with your eulogy.

Christine

Dear Neil and Sylvie,

This is so sad. My heart goes out to you and your family. Thank you for sharing pictures of your precious son Dominic with us. I believe he still lives on in spirit and will always be there, sharing the mountains with you.

My deepest sympathies

Gillian