Table Top Mtn. from the Hopkins Trail? (NY)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat T

Reaction score
Is it possible to bushwack Table Top Mtn. from the Hopkins Trail? If you have done this, I'd be interested in hearing any details or suggestions you have. I'm thinking ahead to the summer--possibly a late July or early August hike and would be going in from the Garden, along the Johns Brook Trail.

From the topo maps, it looks possible but I don't recall reading any trial reports on this board that described the hike.

Thanks for any info!

Pat T

You can do anything you put your mind too. How you will look after your done is another thing. The woods at around 3800 feet in this area are very thick. I bushwhacked Little Marcy last summer and came out looking like hamburger at the end. Granted that was from the Phelps Trail near Slant Rock, but I would bet it would be very similar cripplebush and intwined spruce. There is a very nice trail up it from right near Indian Falls. You could probobly loop around and do the trail in the time it would take you to swim through the bush. But if you want to bushwhack it, all I have to say is good luck, it sounds like fun.