Thread: Dog hiking items NOT for sale

Blairsville GA ......... Avatar-- On top of Starr King Mt.

Dog hiking items NOT for sale

Some of you may know that my long time hiking partner Duffy left me for good this summer.

Duffy was a 60 lbs. Airedale. His replacement is a 20 lbs. Welsh Terrier. Lauky will never fit into most of the things I had for Duffy.

I always carried dog booties for Duffy in case he ever hurt a paw. I never used them. He never hurt a paw and I always felt he needed his claws for winter hiking so they sat unused in the sack. These booties were perfect for my purposes, I doubt they would stay on well if used in deep snow. Certainly not as well as Muttluks.

I also had a safety harness that I purchased for use in the car. It was the field harness type with a protective pad for the chest and stomach. I did use it in the car and occasionally on the trail. I just washed it and it looks brand new.

I also have a dogie back pack which was almost never used. There is also a metal slip collar.

I would say that these items would work best for dogs in the 50 lbs to 100 lbs range.

I can't use these items and it's too bad to let them just sit there. If anyone would like them I would be glad to give them away.

If you are interested PM me and we can see how best to get them to you.
    I used to look at my dog and think 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what your were thinking', and he'd look at me like he was saying 'If you were a little smarter I wouldn't have to'. Fred Jungclaus

Some of our greatest historical and artistic treasures we place with curators in museums; others we take for walks. Roger Caras

100/100 NEHH with Duffy
    48/48 NH 4000 Winter Ed with Duffy and Lauky
    48 X 4 including 1 winter Lauky
    48 X 6 Ed
    12 X 12 Belknaps with Lauky

Please contact Ed directly via PM as he requested. I'm going to close this up and let the discussions take place off line.

-dave-