CHH Finish - 1/27/8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
I won't recap all 102 peaks that we've done over the last few years, that would be a LONG TR! :eek: :D

We were glad for all the friends who showed up yesterday, including, Alan, Bookah, Ralph, Maddy, Jen, Cory, Dick, Joanne, George, and Joe and Linda Cedar!

We started out at 10:15 from the Beaver Kill Road PA for Willowemoc. The pace was a little slow, but I didn't mind. But when we got to a large flat area, and Alan told us that we had .8 miles to go, I started getting a little grumpy. But I kept telling myself, we were almost done, and almost done! :D

We had great weather and great views of Doubletop, Graham, Schoolhouse(s), Balsam Lake, and many other peaks. For some reason, this set of mountains reminded us of another recent epic quest! :D

Eventually, we got to the highest point, just off trail and broke out the party hats. Well not quite. But we did have a growler of fine beer, food, pictures, and more pictures! :D Then Alan unveiled the CHH finisher's Banner. It is being signed by all the finishers, so it was our turn to sign in as #3 and #4. Thanks to all who had a hand in the Banner! We also got very nice decals made by George, which was very cool! Thanks George!

After a while, we packed up and headed back, while some trudged on to Sand Pond. George had to bolt, so he took off and we did not see him again. Cory met us just a few minutes after we started down, and went and tagged the summit and caught up with us. At the bottom, he had 2 six packs of Lake Placid IPA waiting for us! Schweeeeet! :D

Looking back, this was a great journey. Each of the HH has its own special charm. And thanks to everyone we met along the way!

Pics to follow, gotta go to work!

Laurie, Tom, awesome accomplishment, congratulations!

Alex & Christine

Hi Tom, Congrats to you and Laurie, wish I could have been there! I'll have to dust off my notes and see how many of these peaks I've done..... :D

WOW! Congratulations to you both. With all the $$ spent on gas you should have a generous rebate on a new car from the petrolium consortiums...

Pierre

Oncoman said:
WOW! Congratulations to you both. With all the $$ spent on gas you should have a generous rebate on a new car from the petrolium consortiums...

Pierre
LOL! Fortunately, most of the hikes are not that far away, and we usually did multiple peaks per day, in a small region of the Catskills.

Tom and Laurie,

It was a genuine pleasure to be with you both on Sunday. I've enjoyed your company on other hikes along the way and it was very satisfying to see you complete the complex Catskill 100 list so efficiently.
The beer was a nice treat(thanks Laurie) and I can assure you that Bookah got her money's worth on Willowemoc and Sand Pond Mtns, evidenced by her comfortably snoozing much of today.
By the time we got to the 2nd summit, returned to the cars, and came thru Margaretville, we were pretty sure you'd already left the brewpub, or wouldn't have been in any shape to further celebrate when we passed thru.

Boo says WOOF and hopes to hike with you again before long. We're hoping to add our names to the banner after Jim and Ronnie later this year.

Bookah 74/102